Reply 20
Original post by kthekactus
wait really?!!?!!?!?!

isn't that what you expect
Original post by kthekactus
wait really?!!?!!?!?!

Yes really. Why so surprised?
Original post by Medilass
Anyone know/advise which site medics prefer to be? I’m torn between City and Fallowfield. City because just so convenient for those 9am lectures but don’t want to be completely devoid of any social life.

Sorry I took so long to get back to this!
I'm now thinking Victoria Park because it's in between the two - kinda close to the campus and kinda close to the city and everything else.
Original post by ellierwo
Cool! Yeah it's a great uni and a great city, I'm from Manchester and I wouldn't mind 5 more years here 😅 the uni accommodation isn't exactly cheap though, 400 pound deposit as well, but the guarantee of being with other UoM students is nice. I'm on my 2nd gap year so I'm already eagerly looking at accommodation haha! Did you have a specific area in mind? e.g Fallowfield/city etc.

Sorry I took so long to get back to this!
I'm thinking Victoria Park? They've got some nice places and it's close to campus as well as the city.
Anyone else still not heard back yet???? Really stressing about it :/
Does anyone think they’ll be an offers holder day ?
Original post by HidayahAfzal
Does anyone think they’ll be an offers holder day ?

Very unlikely.

Post originally created by ecolier.
I don't know if anyone else is in the same situation but I have achieved grades. I really want to go to Manchester but the offer is conditional (on getting DBS and health checks but not A levels). I've tried to get in touch with them to see if my offer is safe should they be oversubscribed but they haven't got back. I have another unconditional offer at another university which I have been told shouldn't be affected. Does anyone know if my offer will be safe with achieved grades?
Original post by username020234
I don't know if anyone else is in the same situation but I have achieved grades. I really want to go to Manchester but the offer is conditional (on getting DBS and health checks but not A levels). I've tried to get in touch with them to see if my offer is safe should they be oversubscribed but they haven't got back. I have another unconditional offer at another university which I have been told shouldn't be affected. Does anyone know if my offer will be safe with achieved grades?

Probably, but no one knows at this stage. The safest will be the unconditional but I would wait until the uni gets back to you before making any decisions.

Remember that the uni staff are also likely to be working from home or ill.

I'm a year 13 school leaver with an offer, with the recent email about "adjustments to the admissions process" does it mean that Manchester could take back/rescind my offer??? absolutely petrified to be honest
Hiii! Just received an offer and firmed IMMEDIATELY! So very happy but will be living at home as it’s just so expensive to live away when it’s a 20 minute bus! Hopefully I’ll meet everybody in September!!
Original post by katelouisex
Hiii! Just received an offer and firmed IMMEDIATELY! So very happy but will be living at home as it’s just so expensive to live away when it’s a 20 minute bus! Hopefully I’ll meet everybody in September!!

Also just received an offer hoping to firm tomorrow. I'll be moving since I'm from Sheffield which is close but I really don't want to commute and want my own space. Hopefully results day will be good.
Does anyone else here have an offer for Medicine with foundation year?
Congrats to everyone who got an offer. Anyone here applying as a graduate?
Original post by username020234

Can unis withdraw the offers if they are oversubscribed?
my son has achieved grades with unconditional offer( dbs checks pending)
he is still waiting to hear from Liverpool. I am not sure if it is better to withdraw from Liverpool and firm whatever is in hand? Just in case if unis withdraw offers? Any thoughts @GANFYD
Original post by San 5789
he is still waiting to hear from Liverpool. I am not sure if it is better to withdraw from Liverpool and firm whatever is in hand? Just in case if unis withdraw offers? Any thoughts @ecolier@GANFYD

No idea if they can withdraw. If Liverpool isn’t his firm choice then withdrawing is probably a good option. I got told yesterday by my medicine coordinator at college that if I hadn’t heard from Manchester by monday to withdraw
Original post by San 5789
he is still waiting to hear from Liverpool. I am not sure if it is better to withdraw from Liverpool and firm whatever is in hand? Just in case if unis withdraw offers? Any thoughts @ecolier@GANFYD

I don't think they can withdraw. However it is neither in the Unis' or the government's best interests to take in too many medical students. Therefore I am sure they will be trying their best to reduce the number of over-offer firmed students.

Original post by CartoonSoldier
Congrats to everyone who got an offer. Anyone here applying as a graduate?

I am! :smile:
Thanks very much
Reply 39
I have an offer for Manchester so what should we be doing right now? Revising or just carrying on with like student finance and health checks etc? Also should we start early and read about some medicine topics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending