The Student Room Group

Predict my a level grade

Biology yr 13 mocks : CDD
Chemistry Yr 13 mocks : CDD(3% off a C)
GCSE 8,7

Scroll to see replies

No one can do that except for your teacher, hunny.
Original post by Flyehigh
GCSE 8,7

Did your school give predicted or projected grades?
Cant really predict cos your teachers will take other things into consideration but I do feel sorry for you guys. Like many people, I got Cs and Bs in my mocks but managed to get As in my actual exams.
Original post by Knortfoxx
Did your school give predicted or projected grades?

My teachers predicted me BCC for ucas
Original post by CartoonSoldier
Cant really predict cos your teachers will take other things into consideration but I do feel sorry for you guys. Like many people, I got Cs and Bs in my mocks but managed to get As in my actual exams.

I know I was struggling with bereavement during year 12 and the sixth form knew about this but they didn't know my doctor referred me for therapy. I only really started working during year 13 and was going to ramp this is up in these last 2 months

GCSE 8,7

Thanks for the quote :smile:

I obviously can't give you a definitive answer, but your mocks are consistent and I presume there is further work like essays, problem sets etc which you've had as homework over the year and t woutwhich are also at this level. It would thus be sensible to think that you would get these results as 'confirmed'.
My teachers predicted me BCC for ucas

You're unlikely to get much higher than that, unfortunately.
Original post by Knortfoxx
You're unlikely to get much higher than that, unfortunately.

Original post by Reality Check
Thanks for the quote :smile:

I obviously can't give you a definitive answer, but your mocks are consistent and I presume there is further work like essays, problem sets etc which you've had as homework over the year and t woutwhich are also at this level. It would thus be sensible to think that you would get these results as 'confirmed'.

But will they predict me a D or a C?
But will they predict me a D or a C?

I can't tell you that. It depends on the balance of work and evidence at each grade. If there is more evidence of work at the D level than the C, then you will be awarded a D, and vice versa.
I would say A,B at max, 2Cs minimum, remember teachers are aware most ppl do better than their mocks in actual A levels, which is probably reflected in ur GCSE (I assume u had **** GCSE mocks so did I)
(edited 4 years ago)
I can't tell you that. It depends on the balance of work and evidence at each grade. If there is more evidence of work at the D level than the C, then you will be awarded a D, and vice versa.

But Students tend to go up a grade between now and exams?
Original post by WIGBLOWN
I would say A,B at max, 2Cs minimum, remember teachers are aware most ppl do better than their mocks in actual A levels, which is probably reflected in ur GCSE (I assume u had **** GCSE mocks so did I)

Thankyou and yes my GCSE mock were significantly worse than my actual grades
But Students tend to go up a grade between now and exams?

Some students do - some students don't. This is going to be the problem - it has to be done on what you have achieved, not what you might have achieved.

However, all students are going to be in this position, so when the exam boards have the final cohort mark, it's quite feasible that some wholesale 'adjustment' would be made to ensure grade distributions remained broadly similar to last year.
(edited 4 years ago)
Some students do - some students don't. This is going to be the problem - it has to be done on what you have achieved, not what you might have achieved.

Will mocks me be the Main basis if the grade?

However, all students are going to be in this position, so when the exam boards have the final cohort mark, it's quite feasible that some wholesale 'adjustment' would be made to ensure grade distributions remained broadly similar to last year.

no a part of teacher’s assessment is about what they think you MIGHT achieve
Will mocks me be the Main basis if the grade?

I would say quite a part that forms your teacher’s assessment, bare in mind not every school has done mocks
Reply 18
I think GCSEs are going to be very important as it’s the only standardised externally assessed marks they have. 75 percent of predictions are crap
I’m predicted A*A*A but got CCD in my mocks. (Had interveiw to stress for and did no revision) .What am I likely to get

Quick Reply

Latest