The Student Room Group

School Staff/Student Teachers Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Hi Everyone

For those of us working in schools, the last week has been a real roller-coaster of emotions (or it has for me at least!). We've had to say goodbye to students at short notice, and adapt to remote working pretty quickly.

I thought it would be nice to have a support thread/discussion thread for this period, where we can perhaps chat to each other about about what our schools are doing and share ideas.

I also thought it would be a good place for NQTs/ITT students to chat about how this is affecting them.

I've heard some people saying that NQTs on course to pass induction should still pass, but AFIAK this hasn't been officially confirmed. There's a little bit from the NEU here:
https://neu.org.uk/coronavirus-members

Unfortunately, there's very little news for ITT students at the moment, although the NEU say they are on the case.

Hope everyone is well, and managing as best they can!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hi Everyone

For those of us working in schools, the last week has been a real roller-coaster of emotions (or it has for me at least!). We've had to say goodbye to students at short notice, and adapt to remote working pretty quickly.

I thought it would be nice to have a support thread/discussion thread for this period, where we can perhaps chat to each other about about what our schools are doing and share ideas.

I also thought it would be a good place for NQTs/ITT students to chat about how this is affecting them.

I've heard some people saying that NQTs on course to pass induction should still pass, but AFIAK this hasn't been officially confirmed. There's a little bit from the NEU here:
https://neu.org.uk/coronavirus-members

Unfortunately, there's very little news for ITT students at the moment, although the NEU say they are on the case.

Hope everyone is well, and managing as best they can!

since ur a teacher would u know if the yr 10s will be given predicted grades or will they just do them next year
Original post by help-me-plz34
since ur a teacher would u know if the yr 10s will be given predicted grades or will they just do them next year

Hi

I'd like to keep this thread for school staff only, so I'll direct you to this thread for students: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6405970&page=40

I very much hope schools will be open and running as normal next summer- but no-one is being given "predicted grades", proper teacher assessment is a different thing.
That is concerning for people starting ITT next year.

I think saying schools "Don't want extra people in the classroom" is a bit unfair, possibly. I think it's more likely to be down to the DfE advice about how many adults can be in the classroom. At the moment, it's a max of 2- one teacher + one TA max- so any class where you have a TA due to SEN needs (which is a reasonably high proportion of primary classes) wouldn't be able to accept a trainee.

As secondary schools haven't even started wider reopening, I can understand why they'd be worried about having a trainee as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending