The Student Room Group

A Chinese girl's opinin about the coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wuxinyu
Thank you for your understanding, and sorry I have posted the discussion in the GSCE forum by mistake! you know nothing is perfect, we are just try hard to make every thing become better, I do not care about how those people who have stereotypes about my country, but I just gave my own opinin as a Chinese.

Your opinion is very valid and welcome.

I will report your first post - not because there is anything at all wrong with it - but just so that I can request that it gets moved to Chat :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The thing is, wearing masks all the time makes them ineffective. But that doesn't mean they are useless. The length of time spent at contact points (times and places when you must be close to other people) like shops and public transport are often of limited duration. During those periods, it would make sense, especially for people like shop staff, to wear masks but also for customers. Standing in a shop queue, you are forced to be close to others. These are prime times for catching the virus. Masks would help reduce the risk.

We have an extremely relaxed national approach at the moment, where people are still acting as if things are normal in such situations. The government should be widely testing, they should be making masks available, they should be giving clear do's and dont's - but they aren't.

The result is that inevitably a lot of people are going to suffer really badly who otherwise didn't have to. The virus is often extremely painful even when you don't die of it and it is also quite capable of hurting younger people - there are many cases where younger people did not die but had to be on ventilators and continue to suffer pain and difficulty after 'getting better'.

People are currently waaaaaay too relaxed in the UK. The main reason for this is that Boris and his government are not being serious enough, they are still spinning and lying and misrepresenting, rather than being really firm and unequivocal.

yeah,like what I said, it is just cultural differences, when there comes to a disease in China, people will not be disobedient of being locked down. It seems disobey the human rights, but we are not angry with that at all, I do not know why! but the thing we do know it that is the best way to improve the situation.Even nobody tells us we should do what,we just tacitly wear masks and do not contact with people frequently! But this might now available for western countries , as we have different politics and style of thinking.Just hope everything will go fine .and thank u.
This situation is your countries fault your government should apologise.
Original post by karl pilkington

could've started anywhere though...
Original post by Roseyr1119-20
no one asked for you opinion i wanted to my gcses regardless what !

Stop being rude, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.
You should go practice your spelling and grammar
Original post by stereotypeasian
could've started anywhere though...

they covered it up for three months and lied about how many people died they were also told after SARS to stop eating bats and pangolins are endangered animals

It is not 100% certain that is the case and even if it were, Kelly did not start it so why be rude to her?
Original post by Sammylou40
Stop being rude, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.
You should go practice your spelling and grammar

dc
Reply 28
the north east people in India resemble Chinese look and some people here being ****in racists call them "corona virus " publicly. 😖. Holy crap!
Original post by Roseyr1119-20
dc

That much is obvious
Original post by Seldon
the north east people in India resemble Chinese look and some people here being ****in racists call them "corona virus " publicly. 😖. Holy crap!

That's terrible ....what lowlifes
Lol out of all the foods who would eat BATS 🦇 it’s just disgusting 🤮
they covered it up for three months and lied about how many people died they were also told after SARS to stop eating bats and pangolins are endangered animals

https://observers.france24.com/en/20200203-china-coronavirus-bat-soup-debunk-videos-viral-palau-indonesia
you are such a mug she is probably paid by the CCP to spread propaganda online how many people do you know from China named 'Kelly'?

It doesn’t really matter. Most people are not going to believe the propaganda anyway.
And the daughter of the owners of our local takeaway ( immigrated from China) is named kelly
It’s there fault for eatin bats
Reply 35
Original post by Seldon

I'm sorry I should attempt to keep it civilized
Original post by Kueno Oscar
It’s there fault for eatin bats

they aren't the only countries that eat bats , some Asian, African, European, and Pacific Rim countries and cultures eat bats
Original post by Realitysreflexx
How do you know if it's improved alot in your country. What makes you think the government isn't lying now. They lied to you mere month's ago and started a global pandemic.

Further i don't really want to hear about how great it is in your country, you've decimated our (planet) with your travel, irresponsibility, and poor food standards.

Well, I do not actually know how to reply you....haha, I can say nothing if you really want to say my country is so silly at improving this situation, but you can find how much better it has changed since the beginning of the disease. and for what you stated about the food standard in China, well, of course I can not provide you a tasty meal and prove that your statement is entirely wrong! :biggrin:But I have lived there all my life, and I do know the food is awful if you go to restaurant in some remote areas with scenes only, or the airports where people are not here for eating!:wink: it really depends. but how about if you have a meal in a 5A resteraunt? you just have too much stereotypes about my country, but it is not your fault because stereotypes are human nature! I know mothing is truly perfect, and I am not here to state how good my country is! I am just surprised by how the situation in some countries outside China went worse by the time.even you have less people and more advanced techonology, and I am worried ,seriously.
Original post by Wuxinyu
Well, I do not actually know how to reply you....haha, I can say nothing if you really want to say my country is so silly at improving this situation, but you can find how much better it has changed since the beginning of the disease. and for what you stated about the food standard in China, well, of course I can not provide you a tasty meal and prove that your statement is entirely wrong! :biggrin:But I have lived there all my life, and I do know the food is awful if you go to restaurant in some remote areas with scenes only, or the airports where people are not here for eating!:wink: it really depends. but how about if you have a meal in a 5A resteraunt? you just have too much stereotypes about my country, but it is not your fault because stereotypes are human nature! I know mothing is truly perfect, and I am not here to state how good my country is! I am just surprised by how the situation in some countries outside China went worse by the time.even you have less people and more advanced techonology, and I am worried ,seriously.

I think they were referring to the food standards, as in the health and safety, of the meat markets. An undeniable fact.
you are such a mug she is probably paid by the CCP to spread propaganda online how many people do you know from China named 'Kelly'?

Don't call me a mug, you're the one coming across as uneducated. And even if Kelly has another name too, that is not uncommon for Chinese people to give themselves English names, there's nothing wrong with it

Quick Reply

Latest