The Student Room Group

My Acne Is Sooo Bad, Helppp

How do ya get rid of acne or spots?

Scroll to see replies

Contraception pills. Multi 2 part pill.

Your acne will go within 14 days
Try Witch Hazel, it worked for me personally. You can find it in Superdrugs and i think boots should sell it too.
Original post by Y45RAH
How do ya get rid of acne or spots?

I'd suggest u go see ur GP if u can (take caution) and they can prescribe you antibiotics - if it's severe acne then u could ask them to consider giving u roaccutane
Try dabbing chamomile cream on your big spots and leave on to dry overnight
If you would rather not go to your GP at this time (or can't) boots have an online acne clinic where they can ask a few simple questions and prescribe the medication. It costs more but its not extortionate.
aloe vera gel helps and avoid having dairy products like milk and cheese
Original post by HS_1
I'd suggest u go see ur GP if u can (take caution) and they can prescribe you antibiotics - if it's severe acne then u could ask them to consider giving u roaccutane

sounds like a wonderful use of a GP's time during a deadly pandemic
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
sounds like a wonderful use of a GP's time during a deadly pandemic

ahahah exactly but still thanks
Reply 9
Original post by victoriu
aloe vera gel helps and avoid having dairy products like milk and cheese

i've tried aloe vera that just helps my scars go away, ya see i like popping ma spots soo ye. And thanks!!
Reply 10
Original post by hannahgeo123
If you would rather not go to your GP at this time (or can't) boots have an online acne clinic where they can ask a few simple questions and prescribe the medication. It costs more but its not extortionate.

Would you able to send me the link? Thanks!!
Reply 11
Original post by medscorer2020
Try dabbing chamomile cream on your big spots and leave on to dry overnight

Ok, I have sensitive skin would i get a breakout with it and thanks!!
Reply 12
Original post by HS_1

Thanks!! But with coronavirus around hmm, but still thanks :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Try Witch Hazel, it worked for me personally. You can find it in Superdrugs and i think boots should sell it too.

Ok, Thanks!! but Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Contraception pills. Multi 2 part pill.

Your acne will go within 14 days

I've searched up on google and it's to do with female hormones, and s*x ??? but still Thanks!
Reply 15
Thanks a lot guys for the helpful advice, appreciate it!! =)
Reply 16
Original post by Y45RAH
I've searched up on google and it's to do with female hormones, and s*x ??? but still Thanks!

Yes but if you are a girl then it will probably work. One of the factors that causes acne is a high concentration of androgens (aka male hormones) that cause increased sebum production. The combined pill reduces the concentration of androgens and therefore acne.

This is why acne is generally more common in males than females as they have a higher androgen concentration.
Be extra careful with the advice you got. Acne can be due to a lot of things, mostly hormones which contraception pills can help, but can be caused by a lot of things. Antibiotics can increase your resistance. Putting some cream can make your skin more oily and easier to get more acne. Alcohol-based stuff can dry your skin and make it sensitive. Some acne med can help it disappear in a few days, but it will come back more violently.
Research well before applying anything onto your face. I won't give advice because I'm not your GP, and I also went through that phase of desperately trying all I can to get rid of acne only to make it worse.
Reply 18
Original post by ta225
Yes but if you are a girl then it will probably work. One of the factors that causes acne is a high concentration of androgens (aka male hormones) that cause increased sebum production. The combined pill reduces the concentration of androgens and therefore acne.

This is why acne is generally more common in males than females as they have a higher androgen concentration.

Am a gurl and ya saying if i take these pills it'll calm ma acne down or probs get rid of them?
Reply 19
Original post by ta225

Hehhh but i'm confused, how did i get male hormones in my body now??

Quick Reply

Latest