The Student Room Group

My Acne Is Sooo Bad, Helppp

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Y45RAH
Am a gurl and ya saying if i take these pills it'll calm ma acne down or probs get rid of them?

Calm it down. They’ll be gone within days
Original post by Y45RAH
I've searched up on google and it's to do with female hormones, and s*x ??? but still Thanks!

Yes it’s the pill which stops you from getting pregnant
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Yes it’s the pill which stops you from getting pregnant

Am jus a child why ima get pregnant, but where can ya get it from?
no one suggested accutane?
Reply 24
no one suggested accutane?

Can i ask what that is?
Original post by Y45RAH
Can i ask what that is?

a prescribed pill that you take. I have a friend who had mild acne, and she took accutane. and her face was significantly less acne looking and her complexion was really smooth and clear. So would work like a charm for you
Reply 26
Original post by Frank Peters
a prescribed pill that you take. I have a friend who had mild acne, and she took accutane. and her face was significantly less acne looking and her complexion was really smooth and clear. So would work like a charm for you

Thank You!!
Original post by Y45RAH
Thank You!!

In additon, always put on suncream. It prevents your acne scars from becoming darker. I put on suncream even in winter.
Reply 28
Original post by Frank Peters
In additon, always put on suncream. It prevents your acne scars from becoming darker. I put on suncream even in winter.

Sun cream burns my skin, but i just use vitamin E oil
Original post by Y45RAH
Sun cream burns my skin, but i just use vitamin E oil

what suncream you using?
Reply 30
Original post by Y45RAH
Hehhh but i'm confused, how did i get male hormones in my body now??

Male hormones is a misleading name because both genders have them. They play slightly different roles in each gender and are responsible for a lot of the traits men develop during puberty.
I took the pill for one year and I went from having severe acne to mild acne with the occasional breakout.
Reply 31
what suncream you using?

It's was a nivea one i used last summer
Original post by Y45RAH
Can i ask what that is?

imo auccutane is also a contraceptive pill. It stops you getting preggers that’s what makes don’t have any accutane
Original post by Y45RAH
It's was a nivea one i used last summer

try CeraVe which is a moisturiser and also includes sun cream
i think nivea is cheap so thats why you get burnt. Suncream is the most important skincare product. So do try to get a good one, even if its expensive. It, legit protects your skin
Reply 34
try CeraVe which is a moisturiser and also includes sun cream
i think nivea is cheap so thats why you get burnt. Suncream is the most important skincare product. So do try to get a good one, even if its expensive. It, legit protects your skin

Where abouts would i be able to get it from?
Reply 35
Try beautywithin channel in youtube they explain it very well scientifically. I struggled with hormonal acne most of my teenage hood. Here's a few things to look out for-
Drink water yes cliche but keeps your cells regulating normally
Pillow covers! You shed 40k facial skin cells a day so that clogs up your pores, change them every 3 days if you can buy silk pillow cases they're the best and not very expensive.
Dandruff is a big one so make sure you shampoo every 2 to 3 days.
Double cleansing (oil&foam cleanser) if you can and moisturise even if you have oily or combo skin, when you don't moisturize your sebum glands secretes more oil not only making your face shiny but also clogging pores, moisturizer is a barrier.
There's serums and toners you can incorporate into your regime salicylic acid for example or Ahas and Bhas.
Original post by Y45RAH
Can i ask what that is?

Oh god this stuff is strong(dermatologist prescribed) and it makes you purge like crazy I'd use it as a last resort. Otherwise you're looking to have more pimples and scars than you started with for 3 months+ at least. I've tried it at many points of my life and no it doesn't work well
Reply 37
Original post by Kira.s
Try beautywithin channel in youtube they explain it very well scientifically. I struggled with hormonal acne most of my teenage hood. Here's a few things to look out for-
Drink water yes cliche but keeps your cells regulating normally
Pillow covers! You shed 40k facial skin cells a day so that clogs up your pores, change them every 3 days if you can buy silk pillow cases they're the best and not very expensive.
Dandruff is a big one so make sure you shampoo every 2 to 3 days.
Double cleansing (oil&foam cleanser) if you can and moisturise even if you have oily or combo skin, when you don't moisturize your sebum glands secretes more oil not only making your face shiny but also clogging pores, moisturizer is a barrier.
There's serums and toners you can incorporate into your regime salicylic acid for example or Ahas and Bhas.

Woahhh you're good, Thanks!! But when you say that acid, i have sensitive skin would it cause me a breakout or would it burn me?
Reply 38
Oh god this stuff is strong(dermatologist prescribed) and it makes you purge like crazy I'd use it as a last resort. Otherwise you're looking to have more pimples and scars than you started with for 3 months+ at least. I've tried it at many points of my life and no it doesn't work well

Ooooo I'll have a go at it maybe but Thanks for ya opinion!!
Original post by Y45RAH
Where abouts would i be able to get it from?

Boots. I got mines for £13 for a 50g tube

Quick Reply

Latest