The Student Room Group

My Acne Is Sooo Bad, Helppp

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
imo auccutane is also a contraceptive pill. It stops you getting preggers that’s what makes don’t have any accutane

Roaccutane is NOT a contraceptive pill. You are probably getting it confused with Dianette. Roaccutane can cause very serious birth defects so it needs to be used alongside effective contraception methods.
Reply 41
Boots. I got mines for £13 for a 50g tube

Thanks!!
Reply 42
Original post by Y45RAH
Woahhh you're good, Thanks!! But when you say that acid, i have sensitive skin would it cause me a breakout or would it burn me?

Not at all I think you shouldn't start by using the acids with high concentrations it's written on the bottles so you'll know. Ahas work by exfoliating your skin cells and loosening the bonds so they're clearing your breakouts, salicylic acid and glycolic or lactic acid are the gentlest. It doesn't sting, ahas work on your surface level of epithelial skin, you can always patch test. Bhas penetrate deeper and clear up blackheads, whiteheads, and have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties so its preferred for acne users. You can buy these from 'The ordinary' they have quality products at affordable prices loved by many. Revolution is good too. These little serums go a long way so one little bottle will last you two months at the very least given you're applying morning and night. Sensitive skin can be trained over time and changed to be more tolerant, but definitely don't start using concentrations higher than 5%. Double cleanse, toner, serum and moisturize then sunscreen. Face masks twice a week if possible, hope it helped goodluck buddy and stay strong.
Reply 43
Original post by Kira.s
Not at all I think you shouldn't start by using the acids with high concentrations it's written on the bottles so you'll know. Ahas work by exfoliating your skin cells and loosening the bonds so they're clearing your breakouts, salicylic acid and glycolic or lactic acid are the gentlest. It doesn't sting, ahas work on your surface level of epithelial skin, you can always patch test. Bhas penetrate deeper and clear up blackheads, whiteheads, and have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties so its preferred for acne users. You can buy these from 'The ordinary' they have quality products at affordable prices loved by many. Revolution is good too. These little serums go a long way so one little bottle will last you two months at the very least given you're applying morning and night. Sensitive skin can be trained over time and changed to be more tolerant, but definitely don't start using concentrations higher than 5%. Double cleanse, toner, serum and moisturize then sunscreen. Face masks twice a week if possible, hope it helped goodluck buddy and stay strong.

Oh god. Thanks alot hun!!
Reply 44
Original post by black tea
Roaccutane is NOT a contraceptive pill. You are probably getting it confused with Dianette. Roaccutane can cause very serious birth defects so it needs to be used alongside effective contraception methods.

I'm confused; does it or does it not help with acne?
It all depends on your skin type really, as everyone's skin is different. These are a few options and steps you could take...
1. Go to your gp - they offer a wide range of products specific to you; the contraceptive pill, creams, face wash etc.
2. Stick to a routine with your skincare, however, do not over complicate it - make sure to wash, tone and moisturise (even if you have oily skin, make sure to moisturise!!!)
3. Wash your face morning and night with warm water, and make sure to wash off all of the product, then use cold water (or even an ice cube to rub on your face) to make your skin feel smoother; this can minimize the small bumps and reduce inflammation.
4. You can also use natural remedies to target blemishes - tea tree oil, witch hazel are great.. apply these directly onto your spots as otherwise they can be extremely drying on the skin.
5. Minimize your use of makeup if you wear it. This is something I have found so hard, but it really makes the biggest difference for me.
Everyone is different, experiment a bit and I am sure you will find something that works for you! Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Y45RAH
I'm confused; does it or does it not help with acne?

It helps with acne, yes, but it is not a contraceptive pill (which is what another user said). Roacctutane is only prescribed as a last resort and can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, so you are unlikely to be able to access it any time soon. Try the over the counter things other people suggested and have a chat to a pharmacist about things you can buy without a prescription, and if things are not clearing up, see your GP (when things are a bit calmer with the coronavirus)
Reply 47
It all depends on your skin type really, as everyone's skin is different. These are a few options and steps you could take...
1. Go to your gp - they offer a wide range of products specific to you; the contraceptive pill, creams, face wash etc.
2. Stick to a routine with your skincare, however, do not over complicate it - make sure to wash, tone and moisturise (even if you have oily skin, make sure to moisturise!!!)
3. Wash your face morning and night with warm water, and make sure to wash off all of the product, then use cold water (or even an ice cube to rub on your face) to make your skin feel smoother; this can minimize the small bumps and reduce inflammation.
4. You can also use natural remedies to target blemishes - tea tree oil, witch hazel are great.. apply these directly onto your spots as otherwise they can be extremely drying on the skin.
5. Minimize your use of makeup if you wear it. This is something I have found so hard, but it really makes the biggest difference for me.
Everyone is different, experiment a bit and I am sure you will find something that works for you! Hope this helps :smile:

Oh wowwww you people are sooo helpful!! Thank you, But is it okay if i sleep with Vitamin E oil instead of Tea tree?
Reply 48
Original post by black tea
It helps with acne, yes, but it is not a contraceptive pill (which is what another user said). Roacctutane is only prescribed as a last resort and can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, so you are unlikely to be able to access it any time soon. Try the over the counter things other people suggested and have a chat to a pharmacist about things you can buy without a prescription, and if things are not clearing up, see your GP (when things are a bit calmer with the coronavirus)

Ohhh Thank you :smile:
Original post by Y45RAH
Would you able to send me the link? Thanks!!

https://www.boots.com/online-clinics/acne-online-clinic-service
Buy the La Rosh Posay effaclar duo plus (with SPF 30). TRUST ME when I say it works wonders. Your acne is significantly reduced. Use it every night. Only a thin layer, not too much. It costs around £16. Somewhat pricy but TOTALLY worth it. All your worries will be gone :smile:
I use witch hazel from Superdrug which helps me
Original post by Y45RAH
Ohhh Thank you :smile:

Sorry, but how old are you?
Reply 53
Sorry, but how old are you?

Umm 14 and it's okay
Reply 54
Buy the La Rosh Posay effaclar duo plus (with SPF 30). TRUST ME when I say it works wonders. Your acne is significantly reduced. Use it every night. Only a thin layer, not too much. It costs around £16. Somewhat pricy but TOTALLY worth it. All your worries will be gone :smile:

Would it burn my skin, i have sensitive skin?
Reply 55
Original post by Shlebzy
I use witch hazel from Superdrug which helps me

Thanks =)
Original post by Y45RAH
Ok, I have sensitive skin would i get a breakout with it and thanks!!

I have sensitive skin too and it made my acne worse when I rubbed it in and used it as cream which is why I started to dab it and use it sparingly and only for big spots
Reply 57
Original post by medscorer2020
I have sensitive skin too and it made my acne worse when I rubbed it in and used it as cream which is why I started to dab it and use it sparingly and only for big spots

Ohh Thanks!
Sudocrem and duac gel
Original post by Y45RAH
Would it burn my skin, i have sensitive skin?

Definitely not! It wouldn’t. It’s safe even for sensitive skin, I would just not use it for the whole week if you have sensitive skin. Leave a few days out each week

Quick Reply

Latest