The Student Room Group

Netflix Party Extension - how to watch Netflix with friends and family!

https://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/tv/coronavirus-netflix-feature-allows-you-to-watch-with-friends-even-in-isolation/news-story/1a132d68633e6e4e81e1154b90b012d7

So Netflix has given us a way to watch our favourite shows with our family and friends, even if we're in isolation!

You can organise a movie night with your favourite people through this extension, which gives you a chat box on the side which means you can discuss what's happening on the screen with the people invited to the party :smile:

Here's how to do it:

First up you will need to go to the Netflix Party website to install the program.

Once you have done that log on to Netflix and choose the show or movie you want to watch with your friends.

To create your party, click on the red "NP" icon located next to the address bar. Then click "Start Party" to get the party started, and share the party URL to invite to your mates.

If you want to join another person’s party then you will need to click on the party URL. This will take you to Netflix where you will then click on the “NP” button next to the address bar, which should automatically join you to the party.

Would you use Netflix Party?

What films/TV-shows would you watch with your mates first?

What are the top shows/films you'd recommend to people to watch if they're in isolation?

:hugs:
I installed this last week and watched the finale of How I Met Your Mother with my friends last week. It was so much more fun chatting to my friends while watching such an eventful (but terrible) episode. On another note, has anyone else seen How I Met Your Mother and actually liked the ending? Probably not, it was the worst ending possible.
I hate it when people talk during a film.
Reply 3
HIMYM is my favourite show and I'm happy with the ending.. it's unpredictable and not cliche. And I do like Ted
Original post by Tafz
HIMYM is my favourite show and I'm happy with the ending.. it's unpredictable and not cliche. And I do like Ted

Can't relate. The show spent 9 seasons showing us how incompatible Ted and Robin are, and then they suddenly stick them together. Felt a bit forced and sudden.
Reply 5
Just wanna say that Netflix party is not an official app of netflix, it's also extremely buggy and you'll have a lot of problems connecting with it.

I'd suggest Kast if you're really wanting to watch something together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending