The Student Room Group

COVID 19 and asthma?

Mod edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

I’m 15 and have asthma I have a preventer inhaler and a reliever. I’ve never had an asthma attack but when I’ve had colds they lead to a few chest infections here and there , Ive never really been hospitalised with it since I was really really young when I found out I had it , I’ve never really had any health problems apart from metal ones other than this , I can’t isolate myself completely coz of my family situation but I can near enough to make an effect , I’m just really scared like would I die of it if I had it ?
i’m 19 and have exactly the same situation as you in terms of my asthma, they haven’t said anything about it on the news so i’m not taking any extra precautions as i have my inhalers to make sure i’m not at any more risk than other people when it comes to illnesses that effect your lung and breathing
Original post by Luciddreams__
I’m 15 and have asthma I have a preventer inhaler and a reliever. I’ve never had an asthma attack but when I’ve had colds they lead to a few chest infections here and there , Ive never really been hospitalised with it since I was really really young when I found out I had it , I’ve never really had any health problems apart from metal ones other than this , I can’t isolate myself completely coz of my family situation but I can near enough to make an effect , I’m just really scared like would I die of it if I had it ?

Hi there

As you are classed as a high risk of infections you should be staying away from people incase you were to catch anything although you may not but you can't be sure with out lying health condition ok,

Don't take any chance with things, follow all medical advice on this ok and if you were going close to people try wearing a good face mask to protect you more but I wouldn't personally get to close to anybody untill you did your insulation period for health matters .

I'm a NHS worker so follow all medical advice on this ok,
Original post by sienna0305
i’m 19 and have exactly the same situation as you in terms of my asthma, they haven’t said anything about it on the news so i’m not taking any extra precautions as i have my inhalers to make sure i’m not at any more risk than other people when it comes to illnesses that effect your lung and breathing

If you look up NHS website for advice you should he under the high risk category as its same for those with diabetes they to are in this group , they did mention it news about the groups who are at risks.
Best thing to do is look it up on both NHS website and government health advisor information on it to .

Don't take any uneccessely risks if you got any current underlying health conditions as they telling people .
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there

As you are classed as a high risk of infections you should be staying away from people incase you were to catch anything although you may not but you can't be sure with out lying health condition ok,

Don't take any chance with things, follow all medical advice on this ok and if you were going close to people try wearing a good face mask to protect you more but I wouldn't personally get to close to anybody untill you did your insulation period for health matters .

I'm a NHS worker so follow all medical advice on this ok,

Another worry is do you think the government isn’t telling us and distracting us with something like COVID 19 from the world ending ?
If you look up NHS website for advice you should he under the high risk category as its same for those with diabetes they to are in this group , they did mention it news about the groups who are at risks.
Best thing to do is look it up on both NHS website and government health advisor information on it to .

Don't take any uneccessely risks if you got any current underlying health conditions as they telling people .

Another worry is do you think the government isn’t telling us and distracting us with something like COVID 19 from the world ending ?

No I think they not telling us anything that we should know but with this Tory government anything could be possible.

They supposingly taking advice remember from all world medical advisors and then tell us what they want to hear, but let's not us think of this .

China is the worst country for not telling anybody the truth on things as we all see now ourselves.
We are all in this together no matter what experts tell us ok, best practice is to take on board the medical advice that our individual health ministers throughout UK tells us on this situation ..
No I think they not telling us anything that we should know but with this Tory government anything could be possible.

They supposingly taking advice remember from all world medical advisors and then tell us what they want to hear, but let's not us think of this .

China is the worst country for not telling anybody the truth on things as we all see now ourselves.
We are all in this together no matter what experts tell us ok, best practice is to take on board the medical advice that our individual health ministers throughout UK tells us on this situation ..

So there’s not gonna be an asteroid that kills us and they’re not telling us?

Quick - get your tin foil hat!
Original post by RogerOxon
Quick - get your tin foil hat!

??
So there’s not gonna be an asteroid that kills us and they’re not telling us?

No there's not OK

Think everyone is overreacting to much on things
Mod edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

Make sure you re taking you re preventer properly and isolating as best you can. I m asthmatic and been off preventers for over a year but still staying in as much as I can.
I'm 21 and have asthma as well. I'm getting worried.
They haven't said anything so far (I don't think) but it's still an underlying health issue.
depends how severe the asthma is. The more severe your asthma is, the more severe it is the worse your symptoms of COVID-19 will be
I'm 21 and have asthma as well. I'm getting worried.
They haven't said anything so far (I don't think) but it's still an underlying health issue.

Believe me I heard them saying all those with asthma, heart problems, or any other major underlying health conditions then you are at risk as class as higher risk group .
Just be sensible with things and stay indoors as they saying to people.
No there's not OK

Think everyone is overreacting to much on things

Okay thanks but it’s just really stressing me out the government are hiding something
Okay thanks but it’s just really stressing me out the government are hiding something

Just look after yourself throughout this as you said you have underlying health issues so just take some of what the government saying ok,

You need to obey with this because you are in the group of high risks with things if you don't then you may land up in hospital uneccessely ok.

Don't get stressed out over things as that's not helping you believe me as you don't want to be in hospital over panicking and stressing yourself out .

Quick Reply

Latest