The Student Room Group

How would COVID-19 affect the upcoming semester?

Hi, I have applied for graduate programmes to universities in the UK in the upcoming Autumn entry. How do you guys think COVID-19 would affect universities? Would they postpone?

For your information, I am not living in the UK or the EU, and the universities haven't answered me just yet. Or perhaps, should I postpone the study to the next year?

I would love to see any opinion about it. Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by anaunz
Hi, I have applied for graduate programmes to universities in the UK in the upcoming Autumn entry. How do you guys think COVID-19 would affect universities? Would they postpone?

For your information, I am not living in the UK or the EU, and the universities haven't answered me just yet. Or perhaps, should I postpone the study to the next year?

I would love to see any opinion about it. Thanks!

UK doesnt know whats happening from day to day, so any projections several months into the future are sketchy.
Hopefully we have been well on top of the situation by then and everything means unis can proceed as normal.

If you are ready to go then apply for now, but know the start could be postponed to the new year. You can always decide whether to proceed or not. Situation should be a lot clearer in 2 months imo. Lots of unis are closed or staff are working from home, so dont expect answers quickly. They will get back together when they can.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
UK doesnt know whats happening from day to day, so any projections several months into the future are sketchy.
Hopefully we have been well on top of the situation by then and everything means unis can proceed as normal.

If you are ready to go then apply for now, but know the start could be postponed to the new year. You can always decide whether to proceed or not. Situation should be a lot clearer in 2 months imo. Lots of unis are closed or staff are working from home, so dont expect answers quickly. They will get back together when they can.

Thanks for your opinion!

The thing is I have applied to some unis, but I am scared of the situation that if I get accepted, then things happen to get worse, whether in the UK or in my home country.
How will the uni deal with the situation? Such as, can I postpone my application until the next year or something like that?

That quite bothers me for a while.
Original post by anaunz
Thanks for your opinion!

The thing is I have applied to some unis, but I am scared of the situation that if I get accepted, then things happen to get worse, whether in the UK or in my home country.
How will the uni deal with the situation? Such as, can I postpone my application until the next year or something like that?

That quite bothers me for a while.

Yes. Speak to the uni and am sure they will understand.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Yes. Speak to the uni and am sure they will understand.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Another thing is, if you could give me some advice, should I start finding a job, in case of things get postponed? I am in the final year of my bachelor. Or should I just wait for the response from the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending