The Student Room Group

Games That Deserve More Attention

There are loads of unsung games out there-which games do you think don't receive the attention they deserve? Personally I think people should check out A Plague Tale: Innocence because the story is outstanding, a breath of fresh air in a medium of me-too.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Until Dawn
Dark souls 1- i think this type of genre has been neglected for a while but it’s not your typical edgy setting.Realistic game mechanics as well as a plot which questions your morality in a non dramatic sense and ponders the futility of rectitude.Characterised as hard but I just see it as being less beginner friendly but isn’t harder than your typical game.9.4/10
the witcher 3 : wild hunt is such a hidden gem
Original post by mr_wiggie
the witcher 3 : wild hunt is such a hidden gem

I disagree, Wild Hunt has received enormous critical acclaim and is one of the highest scoring games on Metacritic and is adored by fans everywhere-not really "hidden" at all.
Detroit: Become Human
Reply 6
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I disagree, Wild Hunt has received enormous critical acclaim and is one of the highest scoring games on Metacritic and is adored by fans everywhere-not really "hidden" at all.

could not have said it better myself.

laughing @ the word "hidden" lmao
Reply 7
All of the games posted are triple A games... not exactly 'unsung'...
Rimworld, Tynan the developer is a really great guy that helps the modders with any issues they are having. He understands that they are what makes his game sell so well.

He has said it will never go on sale because it would be unfair on the people who funded the project in the first place. It rare to see such ethical trading in the games industry.

It isn't easy getting a 10/10 on Steam.
Original post by NewAlt
All of the games posted are triple A games... not exactly 'unsung'...

You're right but A Plague Tale isn't triple A-and I think Until Dawn will likely be overlooked compared to behemoth PS exclusives like Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ItsTomii
Detroit: Become Human

Detroit is triple A and has received its share of plaudits-the real unsung games aren't even being mentioned in this forum, but if you think huge triple A games with huge marketing campaigns qualify as unsung then that's up to you.
Whatever you do, don't play Factorio.

After 6163 hours, I've finally managed to wean myself off it. Although, the lure... the lure...
Original post by lightningbladex4
Dark souls 1- i think this type of genre has been neglected for a while but it’s not your typical edgy setting.Realistic game mechanics as well as a plot which questions your morality in a non dramatic sense and ponders the futility of rectitude.Characterised as hard but I just see it as being less beginner friendly but isn’t harder than your typical game.9.4/10

Souls games have received a lot of praise and attention, with all due respect-they aren't unsung at all.
Reply 13
You're right but A Plague Tale isn't triple A-and I think Until Dawn will likely be overlooked compared to behemoth PS exclusives like Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone.

A lot of decent indie games have been free on Epic

I can't think of many that I think deserve more attention (as I probably haven't found them myself) but Horace has a rich story and is a well made platform game that really doesn't have much attention (unlike something like Undertale)

nope hidden gem next to nobody has played it and it is a great game that is underrated and needs more attention
Original post by ANM775
could not have said it better myself.

laughing @ the word "hidden"

its a hidden gem, it deserves more attention
Reply 16
nope hidden gem next to nobody has played it and it is a great game that is underrated and needs more attention

its a hidden gem, it deserves more attention

it's made the top 10 of best selling ps4 games

it's hardly "hidden" 🙄
Original post by ANM775
it's made the top 10 of best selling ps4 games

it's hardly "hidden" 🙄

nope untrue, i've seen the statistics it has next to no attention, which it needs more of because it's a hidden gem
the walking dead telltale series
nier automata
alien isolation
Original post by Toscana
the walking dead telltale series
nier automata
alien isolation

Don't you think Telltale's The Walking Dead has enough exposure? Automata is brilliant as is Isolation.

Quick Reply

Latest