The Student Room Group

Leeds A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous_mouse7
On the website it said it was "ideal for medical students" but under the actual med accom section its not listed (three others are) so I wanted to gauge some opinions on why. Yeah shame the event has been cancelled, it would've helped clear things up!

The three listed are for healthcare students
I spoke to the accommodation team
Where it lists fir healthcare students it relates for student nurses who do shifts
medicine students can choose any where
i think they suggested sentinel as it is close to transport links for placements / hospitals
but I wanted somewhere a bit more green”
so swaying to James Baillie Court
Original post by Langsett
The three listed are for healthcare students
I spoke to the accommodation team
Where it lists fir healthcare students it relates for student nurses who do shifts
medicine students can choose any where
i think they suggested sentinel as it is close to transport links for placements / hospitals
but I wanted somewhere a bit more green”
so swaying to James Baillie Court

Oh ok, got it now. Thank you for the explanation!
Hello see my post above I am
u was hoping to have a good look this weekend but the event has been cancelled
does anyone know how many choices we can put down

I applied over the weekend, you put down one choice and then they ask you a load of questions about your preferences (ensuite vs shared, noise level, proximity to uni, cost etc) and they say they'll confirm on A Level results day
Original post by lucybirdx
I applied over the weekend, you put down one choice and then they ask you a load of questions about your preferences (ensuite vs shared, noise level, proximity to uni, cost etc) and they say they'll confirm on A Level results day

Where have you applied
Have you firmed Leeds
Where have you put an insurance
Where have you applied
Have you firmed Leeds
Where have you put an insurance

I got offers from Kings, Notts, BSMS and Leeds for Med and Bristol for Biomed. Firmed Leeds and put BSMS as my insurance. I applied for accommodation at The Tannery for Leeds and I haven't done it yet for BSMS
If they use mocks as our actual grades....this whole process will have been for nothing😭
Reply 86
Original post by maryam_mariii
If they use mocks as our actual grades....this whole process will have been for nothing😭

I know! Boris has said he will update tomorrow about uni admissions and how grades will be decided... my tutors think they will allow our teachers to decide our grades based on our effort and grades throughout the 2 years but no one is sure yet :frown:
Original post by M gH
I know! Boris has said he will update tomorrow about uni admissions and how grades will be decided... my tutors think they will allow our teachers to decide our grades based on our effort and grades throughout the 2 years but no one is sure yet :frown:

I don’t think that’s fair because we don’t do mocks with the mindset that this is what we’re using for the real exams and I’m sure lots of people didn’t put that much effort into them. It’s either unis lower the entry requirements or we do the exams later..
Reply 88
Is anyone else considering CitySide for accommodation?
Hi guys before I firm leeds as an A2L applicant I’m desperate to know whether they 100% state an A in chemistry after firming Leeds.
Original post by Zubaby11
Hi guys before I firm leeds as an A2L applicant I’m desperate to know whether they 100% state an A in chemistry after firming Leeds.

I'm not A2L but after I firmed it was still an A. Universities have been told to be more flexible though due to exams being cancelled so I wouldn't worry too much xx
Still an A in chemistry? And did your offer specifically state an A in chemistry before you firmed.
Original post by Zubaby11
Still an A in chemistry? And did your offer specifically state an A in chemistry before you firmed.

Heyy I called them up last week and they specify the A for me as I don’t do Physics or Maths as a third alevel (Im also A2L)
hey guys I'm considering James Baillie for accommodation but it says there's no supermarkets nearby. Does anyone know anything about this?
Original post by winter151001
hey guys I'm considering James Baillie for accommodation but it says there's no supermarkets nearby. Does anyone know anything about this?

I am not sure I was thinking this accommodation
Original post by winter151001

At the bottom of all the pages with the accommodation on they have a little map and you can see where shops n the uni are in relation to the accommodation so have a look on there. One thing I've heard about Leeds is their public transport is notoriously unreliable (busses don't come on time and are often so full that they miss several stops in a row) so if you're not bringing a car that might be something to consider
Original post by lucybirdx
At the bottom of all the pages with the accommodation on they have a little map and you can see where shops n the uni are in relation to the accommodation so have a look on there. One thing I've heard about Leeds is their public transport is notoriously unreliable (busses don't come on time and are often so full that they miss several stops in a row) so if you're not bringing a car that might be something to consider

thank you, that's very helpful!
I put down Devonshire hall as a preference.
Hi all, I've firmed Leeds but I'm not sure how to apply for accomdation. Can anyone help me please?
Original post by Roxy226
Hi all, I've firmed Leeds but I'm not sure how to apply for accomdation. Can anyone help me please?

ello,
you should get an email from the university that states your student ID for leeds.
Then, go to https://leeds.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQuRGKTzF%2b4sxeNblvAA%2b26c
and enter your student ID with your DOB (further details on the web page)
and then from there you can apply for your accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending