The Student Room Group

IB examinations May 2020 cancelled

It is now confirmed that the IB Examinations for May 2020 will NOT BE GOING AHEAD, and grades will be awarded on the basis of coursework and predicted scores.
Feel free to share your thoughts. Also, any idea how the UK Universities will now respond to this?
Hi, can I ask how you know about this???
Reply 2
Original post by RaspberryGal77
Hi, can I ask how you know about this???

The IB has sent out circulars to its examiners and some schools as well.
Original post by saaad32
It is now confirmed that the IB Examinations for May 2020 will NOT BE GOING AHEAD, and grades will be awarded on the basis of coursework and predicted scores.
Feel free to share your thoughts. Also, any idea how the UK Universities will now respond to this?

If students taking A-levels are p*ssed I imagine those taking IB Diploma will be even more so, as it involves so much more work. Also, a good number of students expect to improve significantly from now until the exam. There are often very expensive intensive revision courses at Easter, that many students attend. I did a SL and a HL maths course for students at one of my old schools, with students attending from several countries.

One concern is that some of the private schools will definitely pressure teachers to make optimistic predictions, and it's very hard to imagine how the IBO will moderate this. There are some really dodgy private schools in many countries.

I imagine, however, that a lot of schools will be very relieved, as parents and students probably won't now pressure them to remain open and continue teaching the course.

What I really would love to know, but probably never will, is whether the IBO has been strong armed into its decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending