The Student Room Group

How to maintain weight/muscle whilst at home

I've worked really hard the last few months at the gym, and now I'm worrying about losing all i've worked hard for. i have dumbbells at home, but they aren't very heavy. i'm trying to do 100+ press ups every day but not sure whether this will do anything. any other exercises? i'm worried i won't be eating enough to keep my weight or have enough protein
Reply 1
Try inverted rows with a table, bodyweight squats, lying leg raises, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by HayJ123
Try inverted rows with a table, bodyweight squats, lying leg raises, etc.

All of that is calisthenics

For the dumbbells, you can do bent-over rows, goblet squats, chest presses and weighted sit-ups
Have moved your thread to a more relevant section
If you have naturally gained that muscle and you're eating really well you'll be surprised how hard it is to lose the muscle that you've built, the strength and technique on certain exercises though is another thing entirely but you will bounce back on that too. So just keep doing something you'll be fine, do more bodybuilding style high rep work and you could gain more
Original post by Ferrograd
I've worked really hard the last few months at the gym, and now I'm worrying about losing all i've worked hard for. i have dumbbells at home, but they aren't very heavy. i'm trying to do 100+ press ups every day but not sure whether this will do anything. any other exercises? i'm worried i won't be eating enough to keep my weight or have enough protein

By eating natural produced protein u can maintain protein req and muscle mass of body

Quick Reply

Latest