The Student Room Group

SQA Exams: Pupils NOT to complete coursework in school this week

BREAKING: Have just heard from a pretty reputable source that there has been a change in policy and that no S4-6s should be attending school to complete coursework.

Will share info as I get it
(edited 4 years ago)
Confirmed information from TES Scotland with tweet from John Swinney https://www.tes.com/news/covid-19-pupils-must-not-go-school-coursework?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Schools should, however, put measures in place to allow coursework to be completed remotely where possible.
Reply 3
Yes, this was announced by the FM at 14:30 this afternoon. Coursework should be completed remotely where possible.
Original post by ROC10
Yes, this was announced by the FM at 14:30 this afternoon. Coursework should be completed remotely where possible.

Original post by Yippeekiyay
Good. Not every teenager has a strong immune system.

Yep, seems like a good decision - the fact some schools were trying to get large numbers back in for 2nd prelims was (in particular) ridiculous!
@Maggie-xx Just wanted to check you've seen this, so you're not revising for extra prelims! :colondollar:
Original post by Labrador99
@Maggie-xx Just wanted to check you've seen this, so you're not revising for extra prelims! :colondollar:

Thanks for checking it was a sign of relief when I found out! I had stopped revising for the tome being and was holding of until Monday for more news but it came today which is even better, now my hypertension will be reduced😂
Original post by Labrador99
BREAKING: Have just heard from a pretty reputable source that there has been a change in policy and that no S4-6s should be attending school to complete coursework.

Will share info as I get it

I am so Lucky that I have finished every coursework on time...
Original post by Maggie-xx
Thanks for checking it was a sign of relief when I found out! I had stopped revising for the tome being and was holding of until Monday for more news but it came today which is even better, now my hypertension will be reduced😂

Glad you're able to relax a bit now and can hopefully enjoy the rest of your weekend! :smile:
I haven't finished my music composition, Sibelius will not download on my laptop and honestly i don't know what to do are they still going to mark compositions? No word from my teacher yet, I'm going to email her in the afternoon if their is no word.
Original post by Valeriex
I haven't finished my music composition, Sibelius will not download on my laptop and honestly i don't know what to do are they still going to mark compositions? No word from my teacher yet, I'm going to email her in the afternoon if their is no word.

I think they're probably still going to, based on what's been said...But they will need to now take into account that some people/schools won't be finished/allowed to finish...This site might be an alternative, if know (or can get a copy of) what you had on sibelius to be able to use (there's a free trial) https://www.noteflight.com/premium.

Emailing your teacher sounds like a good plan though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending