The Student Room Group

Missed a chance with a girl because of Coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the response, please keep me up to date on how this works out for you, I hope it does :smile: I think I will add her tonight, but it’s not like I can take her out anywhere with everything on lockdown lol, so I’m not sure on how to approach this situation

Why not try it, then keep in touch over social media. It all has to end sometime, you know..

And as for me, I can keep you updated, only I am very unlucky in love, so not holding my breath exactly.
Original post by Oxford Mum
Why not try it, then keep in touch over social media. It all has to end sometime, you know..

And as for me, I can keep you updated, only I am very unlucky in love, so not holding my breath exactly.

Thank you, I will try adding her and then I will see how things go from there. I’ve never tried anything like this before (because I guess that in a way it is long distance?) so I am quite nervous.

I’m sure things will work out for you :smile:
Thank you, I will try adding her and then I will see how things go from there. I’ve never tried anything like this before (because I guess that in a way it is long distance?) so I am quite nervous.

I’m sure things will work out for you :smile:

I was nervous too, I can tell you. Just take a deep breath and press that button. What do you have to lose? Especially if you never see her again?
I was nervous too, I can tell you. Just take a deep breath and press that button. What do you have to lose? Especially if you never see her again?

Thank you, did you send a message after or before sending a friend request? I was going to wait till she added me back but I’m not sure now.
Thank you, did you send a message after or before sending a friend request? I was going to wait till she added me back but I’m not sure now.

Just added a facebook request.

I will look at my phone tonight and face the music, but for now I am busy on TSR. TSR is more important than guys right now.
Just added a facebook request.

I will look at my phone tonight and face the music, but for now I am busy on TSR. TSR is more important than guys right now.

Alright thank you, I think that I will send the request either tonight or tomorrow, depends on how I feel lol. Thank you for all the advice :smile:
Alright thank you, I think that I will send the request either tonight or tomorrow, depends on how I feel lol. Thank you for all the advice :smile:

Let us know when you have done it, and we can sit biting our nails nervously together, lol.
Let us know when you have done it, and we can sit biting our nails nervously together, lol.

You’re such a cool person!!
Original post by Anonymous_1930
You’re such a cool person!!

Thanks, even though being cool and biting one's nails down to the quick don't go together.

But we have the same dilemma, so we might as well support each other. It's better than thinking about that-which-should-not-be-named
Yaasss

Well, I did it and was rewarded with a one hour chat and probably some more in the future.

Your turn now, anon, just take a deep breath and dive in.
Well, I did it and was rewarded with a one hour chat and probably some more in the future.

Your turn now, anon, just take a deep breath and dive in.

That’s great, I’m happy for you. I’m going to send the request now and I will let you know what happens. Did you start the conversation or did he message you first?
Thank you
I just added him as a friend and he responded, asking me how I was and the conversation flowed from there
Reply 33
That’s great, I’m happy for you. I’m going to send the request now and I will let you know what happens. Did you start the conversation or did he message you first?
Thank you

I wish you good luck but i don't think things will go your way.

Oxford mum has a number of things going for her that you don't. 1- being female, 2 - chatted with the person previously, 3 - being female, 4 - did I mention being female?
Message her on FB, tell her you like her and you want to take her out. Simples.
Have you messaged her yet?
Well message her anyway

I have had another hour long conversation with the guy, hope he likes me and I think we will speak again
Original post by ANM775
I wish you good luck but i don't think things will go your way.

Oxford mum has a number of things going for her that you don't. 1- being female, 2 - chatted with the person previously, 3 - being female, 4 - did I mention being female?

Thank you for the response, it’s sad but this is definitely true lol. We have never even spoken before so I can imagine it will be difficult to get any kind of conversation going. I’m going to wait till she adds me first and see what happens from there.
Original post by Joel 96
Message her on FB, tell her you like her and you want to take her out. Simples.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the advice but I don’t want to scare her away with compliments etc when she doesn’t even know me. I know that if I was in her position that would probably creep me out a little. And with pretty much all pubs, cafes, restaurants etc being shut down due to Coronavirus, I’m not sure where I would actually take her at the minute lol.
Have you messaged her yet?

Not yet, still waiting for her to add me :smile:
Well message her anyway

I have had another hour long conversation with the guy, hope he likes me and I think we will speak again

Thank you, I hope it works out for the best, it sounds like it’s going great! I’m definitely going to try at least, but I’m not expecting great results from this.

I will be sure to update you all on what happens next. After she adds me (if that even happens) I will probably send her a message shortly after. I keep forgetting to check this thread so but I will try to remember for you all :smile: Thank you to everyone who has given me some advice, it means a lot to me!
Thank you for the response, it’s sad but this is definitely true lol. We have never even spoken before so I can imagine it will be difficult to get any kind of conversation going. I’m going to wait till she adds me first and see what happens from there.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the advice but I don’t want to scare her away with compliments etc when she doesn’t even know me. I know that if I was in her position that would probably creep me out a little. And with pretty much all pubs, cafes, restaurants etc being shut down due to Coronavirus, I’m not sure where I would actually take her at the minute lol.

Thank you, I hope it works out for the best, it sounds like it’s going great! I’m definitely going to try at least, but I’m not expecting great results from this.

I will be sure to update you all on what happens next. After she adds me (if that even happens) I will probably send her a message shortly after. I keep forgetting to check this thread so but I will try to remember for you all :smile: Thank you to everyone who has given me some advice, it means a lot to me!

I am really rooting for you here...

Yesterday evening I had another great hour long conversation with the guy. He is cheering me up through all this dark time, and I hope I am cheering him up too.
Reply 39

anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending