The Student Room Group

Urgent gave uni wrong information on accident

I said to my uni on UCAS that I had sickle cell anaemia but I stupidly don't have that and have beta thalassemia major. I don't know if that will make them reject me or not. What should I do? 😭
If it was an accident, they should understand.
Reply 2
Withdrawn.
Reply 3
Original post by Treetop321
If it was an accident, they should understand.

But could they reject me for it?

Original post by Xarao
Withdrawn.

Will they reject me? I didn't know myself.
Original post by Anonymous

Will they reject me? I didn't know myself.

It would be extremely unfair for them to reject you. I wouldn't expect them to reject you.
Reply 5
@Reality Check can they reject me?
Reply 6
No. They just asked for any health conditions on UCAS. And I always thought I had sickle cell anemia as my doctor mentioned it a few times but today my mum said I don't have it and I have beta thalassemia
Reply 7
Okay I've applied for nursing so I thought this would be a problem but I have separate health check forums to fill out for my nursing course.
Reply 8
Would I need to phone ucas or the uni or both?
Reply 9
No. They just asked for any health conditions on UCAS. And I always thought I had sickle cell anemia as my doctor mentioned it a few times but today my mum said I don't have it and I have beta thalassemia

They just need to know if they need to prepare for any support/accessibility for potential students and can reach out to you early on if you get a place with them. It isn't an issue at all, once you're at uni you can speak to them more in detail if it'll impact your study
Original post by tputnam
They just need to know if they need to prepare for any support/accessibility for potential students and can reach out to you early on if you get a place with them. It isn't an issue at all, once you're at uni you can speak to them more in detail if it'll impact your study

Thankyou

Thankyou so much.
@Reality Check can they reject me?

Thanks for tagging me. I agree with what has told you.
I said to my uni on UCAS that I had sickle cell anaemia but I stupidly don't have that and have beta thalassemia major. I don't know if that will make them reject me or not. What should I do? 😭

Contact UCAS and ask to request a change to your application. I had to update some details and they just sent a form and requested proof of ID. It's not the end of the world you aren't going to be rejected for a mistake unless you've deliberately lied on your application. Give them a ring and relax, hope you get the offers you want! :smile:
Original post by Templatesun

No, it was a simple mistake when filling in your application. Think about it logically why would they reject you? It's not like you have lied about your grades.
When you attend a university they have a duty of care towards you so UCAS ask you for any medical conditions so the university knows who may require extra support should you require it etc.

I've found this website that may help: https://universitycompare.com/advice/ucas/messed-up-my-ucas-application/

I would give UCAS a call or contact them on social media to request a change to your personal details. Please don't worry, I feel you're getting concerned about something that won't happen. :smile:
Reply 15
I wouldnt worry about this _ as noted all health care courses require health clearance but this is not done at the initial selection stage or by admissions staff _ it is done through occupational health once you have an offer. Usually to make sure they can support you and that you are capable of completing the course. Many people working in the NHS have underlying conditions. But best to correct the info now. Bw

Quick Reply

Latest