The Student Room Group

Coronavirus. Mental health. Uni.

Hearing about death rates etc is making my mental health much much worse. I already suffer from anxiety. Above that soon we will be told how we are going to be assessed from our university, I know its either going to be an online test or essays to do.
But I am not able to revise because of what is going on I already suffer with anxiety and I am feeling so much worse especially with the virus going around. I feel so worried and upset and fearful. And I don't know what to do.
Try to relax in this situation. Avoid every kind of crowded place. Amazon sells a lot of sleeping gadgets that help you to take sleep easily and clam you down.
Once again, i request you please try to relax. Don't worry everything will be fine soon.
Reply 2
You are a very kind person
Do you suffer from anxiety before virus?
Reply 3
Original post by shebk
You are a very kind person
Do you suffer from anxiety before virus?

Yes I have. I worry about peoples lives and how they may be struggling. I worry about the elderly who live on their own ans have noone. I worry about all the single parents. I worry about how people are being selfish ans going outdoors despite the warnings and risk putting so many more peoples lives in danger!
Please, guys, don't be excited in this sensitive situation. Try to relax. Maintenance 2-meter distance from everyone.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I have. I worry about peoples lives and how they may be struggling. I worry about the elderly who live on their own ans have noone. I worry about all the single parents. I worry about how people are being selfish ans going outdoors despite the warnings and risk putting so many more peoples lives in danger!

You are really kind hearted! I appreciate you very much!
Do you mind to say you are boy or girl? Which year of university are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by shebk
You are really kind hearted! I appreciate you very much!
Do you mind to say you are boy or girl? Which year of university are you in?

Thank you! I'm a female and in second year of university.
Reply 7
Yes, I have thought about that. I have anxiety so all I ever do is think and worry.
And yes, my heart goes out to all those who are struggling during this surreal time.
I cannot stand the thought that some people may have to sleep on empty stomachs. As for the poor students I was worried and I found out that those who have free school meals would be given vouchers and that put me at ease.
Me and my family help the elderly in my neighbourhood. We sent postcards out with our contact details telling people that if they need any form of help, to get in touch and we will do as much as we can.
We have helped neighbours with shopping, they told us what they needed, and we brought their shopping and added a few snack in their too.
As a family, we are trying our very best to do our bit to help people who are vulnerable.

We are trying our best, and if everyone did their bit maybe their would be less pressure on the NHS.
Hi everyone,

These times can seem really scary and unknown. If you are worried about your uni work adding to your anxiety then talk to them and let them know and they should be able to offer you some support. Stay safe everyone and keep looking out for each other! :smile:

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending