The Student Room Group

Cyberstart game 2020

Does anyone know the linux commands to use in HQ L6 C3? If anyone needs it I can help with any challenge before that. Also, I tried "sudo apt-get openssh-server ii." and it wouldn't let me type in the password.
Edit: Please... :'(
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't know if you're still stuck with this but when you're typing the password and it's not showing- you are actually typing something. linux terminal is just hiding the letters (kind of like when you write a password and it replaces the letters with the dots).
Reply 2
Original post by notadocter
I don't know if you're still stuck with this but when you're typing the password and it's not showing- you are actually typing something. linux terminal is just hiding the letters (kind of like when you write a password and it replaces the letters with the dots).

Whenever I type it and hit enter it says it's wrong, but I know I'm typing it right.
Original post by JaySee16
Whenever I type it and hit enter it says it's wrong, but I know I'm typing it right.

yeah I've had that before- I have really bad eyes for these things. If it says you're wrong maybe wait an hour and the password restarts again. If you need further help after that I could give you some dw
yeah I've had that before- I have really bad eyes for these things. If it says you're wrong maybe wait an hour and the password restarts again. If you need further help after that I could give you some dw

What level are you currently on?
Original post by RobbeD
What level are you currently on?

70%, you?
70%, you?

Only like 40% on the game :frown:
Not doing too bad, slowly grinding through it - how about on the essentials?
Original post by RobbeD

oh I hardly care for the essentials-- there's like a million of them and I genuinely don't want to spend my time on it when the game is more important. I'm on 13% I think haha. As for helping you grind it down better, maybe make a time plan? I reckon if you do 2% a day you'll finish it easy
Original post by RobbeD

hey wait- as you can probably tell I'm really bad at replying on here. Do you have something like discord that I can add you to? We can probably help eachother through there rather than this??
oh I hardly care for the essentials-- there's like a million of them and I genuinely don't want to spend my time on it when the game is more important. I'm on 13% I think haha. As for helping you grind it down better, maybe make a time plan? I reckon if you do 2% a day you'll finish it easy

Yeah, that's what I figured, a module a day would make me complete it with about 20 days spare so I should be good.

I've PMed you my Discord, here is pretty clunky :smile:
Reply 10
Hey what command did you guys put in where it let you enter the password?
oh basically you've managed to do the first bit right? with the [email protected] -p (whatever the port is)
when it asks you to input the password, you just do that and enter when you finish! you can't see it, but you are actually writing something (remember though, it's case sensitive so pay attention to the numbers and capitals)
Reply 12
It worked, but I'm sure that's what I'd been doing... anyway, is the file this motd.legal-displayed thing? Because that's the only one I can find, and I don't know how to open it lol
It worked, but I'm sure that's what I'd been doing... anyway, is the file this motd.legal-displayed thing? Because that's the only one I can find, and I don't know how to open it lol

I don't want to give to much away.
But .. and ... are directories as well
Original post by RobbeD
I don't want to give to much away.
But .. and ... are directories as well

as for opening files all you need to do is type
cd /(whatever)
as for opening files all you need to do is type
cd /(whatever

Is grep needed for the SSH challenge in 8.7(or something like that maybe 8.6)
Reply 16
But it's not a directory... and cd opens directories, cat opens files but not this one fsr
But it's not a directory... and cd opens directories, cat opens files but not this one fsr

Are you on Discord, it's easier to talk on than here
Reply 18
Original post by RobbeD
Are you on Discord, it's easier to talk on than here

yeah, I'm "TFB" on discord
yeah, I'm "TFB" on discord

might needa add the # at the end of that or no one can add you lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending