The Student Room Group

Missed a chance with a girl because of Coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Oxford Mum
I am really rooting for you here...

Yesterday evening I had another great hour long conversation with the guy. He is cheering me up through all this dark time, and I hope I am cheering him up too.

im loving your updates girl
Original post by Anonymous
Another question guys, I’m not sure how to structure my message to her. Should it just be short and simple, or a bit more complex? I only have one chance at this really so I don’t want to mess it up. Thank you

Life is too short. What’s the worst that can happen? She says no- but u’ll never know unless u ask. Beside she will be flattered that you asked.

Just keep it short and concise. Let me know if you want me to draft something for you.
Original post by Ciel_
im loving your updates girl

Thanks. We all need something to keep us going. I am so glad I made the decision to contact him and hope for more when we finally all emerge from quarantine.
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Life is too short. What’s the worst that can happen? She says no- but u’ll never know unless u ask. Beside she will be flattered that you asked.

Just keep it short and concise. Let me know if you want me to draft something for you.

That's a really kind offer. How about you take voss gloss up on this, OP?
Original post by Oxford Mum
The more we socially distance, the quicker this awful epidemic will be over.

Slightly off-topic, but I read that social distancing is actually designed to make the pandemic last longer so that the NHS can cope with the number of patients being admitted to hospital beds. Not sure how true that is...?
Original post by Voss.gloss20

Thank you for the response, I would really appreciate it if you could draft something for me :smile: I’m a bit stuck on how to actually start this without messing up, I only get one chance at this really and I don’t want to get blocked or something lol

Thank you everyone for your posts, I will try to answer everyone but the thread keeps getting updated and it’s hard to keep up with it all!
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
Slightly off-topic, but I read that social distancing is actually designed to make the pandemic last longer so that the NHS can cope with the number of patients being admitted to hospital beds. Not sure how true that is...?

Create a thread and ask about because this can turn into a full on debate. Don’t steal this cute boy’s thunder.
Reply 47
Thank you for the response, I would really appreciate it if you could draft something for me :smile: I’m a bit stuck on how to actually start this without messing up, I only get one chance at this really and I don’t want to get blocked or something lol

Thank you everyone for your posts, I will try to answer everyone but the thread keeps getting updated and it’s hard to keep up with it all!

:rofl: Are you serious?

You're asking random TSR users to help you send a draft message via facebook to this girl? Let's be real, you wasn't going to ask this girl out either way.
Create a thread and ask about because this can turn into a full on debate. Don’t steal this cute boy’s thunder.

True. We are all emotionally invested in how OP is faring
Original post by SpacePatroFan189

Yeah, I think that Boris’ plan is to slowly increase the number of cases so that the NHS can handle it and until a vaccine is created (which could take anywhere from a few months to a few years), so who knows how long this awful pandemic will last. I feel so bad for all the year 11s and 13s who have basically just lost their chance to prove themselves with the exams and have their prom etc, it’s unfair really but the sooner we all limit social contact the better really.
Original post by Xarao

You're asking random TSR users to help you send a draft message via facebook to this girl? Let's be real, you wasn't going to ask this girl out either way.

He’s just a teenage kid you bully. We all used to be nervous at that age. It’s cute and normal. We weren’t all born with big balls like you.
Original post by Xarao

Please take your negativity elsewhere, we don’t want it here.
He’s just a teenage kid you bully. We all used to be nervous at that age. It’s cute and normal. We weren’t all born with big balls like you.

Yes, it is cute, to be honest. OP's nervousness means he really cares about this girl.
Reply 53
Please take your negativity elsewhere, we don’t want it here.

It's not negativity, it's reality.

Btw, did you have someone draft that message for you too? :rofl:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Xarao
It's not negativity, it's reality. Face it.

I can tell from now that you’re going to be a really bad parent.
I will keep this short. Basically I’m in year 12 and there was this girl in year 13 who I was preparing to approach and maybe ask out, but then Coronavirus comes along and now I’m never going to see her again. (Because schools could now be closed till September)
I really don’t know what to do. I’ve never spoken to her before but I do know her name. Should I send her a friend request on Facebook and message her or would that be weird? I think my cousin might know who she is (they are friends on Facebook) but they might not be good friends, still maybe I could ask him for help?
Also, a bit off topic, I was going to go to Cornwall this year with my family, we had this great holiday planned and I’ve been looking forward to it. Do you think it will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus? Thank you

Idk abt the first part tbh but I live in Cornwall and right now most things are cancelled concerning tourists until further notice....but hey I mean they haven’t closed any of the beaches or anything like that yet :smile:
Original post by Xarao

I said and did much more embarrassing things in a daft attempt to get a girl's attention at 15/16.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Gbemil3ke
Idk abt the first part tbh but I live in Cornwall and right now most things are cancelled concerning tourists until further notice....but hey I mean they haven’t closed any of the beaches or anything like that yet :smile:

Thank you for the response. I was going to go to a small town called Perranporth, not sure if you have heard of it? It’s got a great beach and the waves are perfect for surfers, you should definitely visit if you have never been before :smile:
I’m hoping that it will not be cancelled but if the virus continues to spread as it has done over the past week then it’s unlikely I will be visiting this year unfortunately.
You could message her on Facebook first, she won't add you if she doesn't know who you are, you're cousin could help. If you're meant to be together then things will work out.

Here’s an idea, you may want to write this:

Hey, I’m (your name). I’m at the same sixth form that you went to, in year 12. I saw you around sixth form but didn’t get a chance to talk to you. If you’re not seeing someone, I’d like to get to know you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending