The Student Room Group

Missed a chance with a girl because of Coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xarao
It's not negativity, it's reality.

Btw, did you have someone draft that message for you too? :rofl:

If you can’t be kind, there’s no need to be mean-More so in the current environment that were in.
Original post by Anonymusy
You could message her on Facebook first, she won't add you if she doesn't know who you are, you're cousin could help. If you're meant to be together then things will work out.

Thank you for this, it’s made me feel a little bit better about this. I suppose I could always drop in a message before she adds me. If she doesn’t accept the request by tonight then I will try this :smile: As for my cousin, I don’t really get the chance to speak to him that much, I could try messaging him on Facebook as well I guess.
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Here’s an idea, you may want to write this:

Hey, I’m (your name). I’m at the same sixth form that you went to, in year 12. I saw you around sixth form but didn’t get a chance to talk to you. If you’re not seeing someone, I’d like to get to know you.

Thank you, this means a lot :smile: I will use this for my message. I really appreciate your help, I will be sure to keep you all updated on the situation. If she doesn’t add me by tonight then I will probably send the message tomorrow morning.

Thank you all for your help :smile:
Reply 62
I would love to see a year 11 prom with social distancing/standing 2 meters apart at all times ..lmao 😁

No kisses either. Only allowed to blow a kiss
Reply 63
why has the part i was quoting vanished??

this forum is so crap at time....... 🙄
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, this means a lot :smile: I will use this for my message. I really appreciate your help, I will be sure to keep you all updated on the situation. If she doesn’t add me by tonight then I will probably send the message tomorrow morning.

Thank you all for your help :smile:

Good luck. I hope she adds you and it works out 😊
Original post by ANM775
I would love to see a year 11 prom with social distancing/standing 2 meters apart at all times ..lmao 😁

No kisses either. Only allowed to blow a kiss

That would be quite a sight lol. I wonder if some schools will try to organise this some how, but I would imagine that students will probably just make their own prom and after party
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Good luck. I hope she adds you and it works out 😊

Thank you :smile:
These things happen, there’s no point getting wound up about it. I myself have lost lots of opportunities for Tinder dates and meeting women for sex. Life goes on - ride out the wave and things will go back to normal eventually. If you’re meant to see her again, you will. Don’t go chasing her and then get upset when she doesn’t respond to you. If she does, it’s all good but if not, there are plenty more girls out there you could have a better shot with than someone you’ve barely spoken to.
Original post by asif007
These things happen, there’s no point getting wound up about it. I myself have lost lots of opportunities for Tinder dates and meeting women for sex. Life goes on - ride out the wave and things will go back to normal eventually. If you’re meant to see her again, you will. Don’t go chasing her and then get upset when she doesn’t respond to you. If she does, it’s all good but if not, there are plenty more girls out there you could have a better shot with than someone you’ve barely spoken to.

Thank you for the response. I’m trying not to think about her too much because it might not work out. We used to get the same bus to school, so it’s likely she will at least recognise me, and from what I saw of her she seemed to be a really nice person, but who knows what will happen.
Thank you for the response. I’m trying not to think about her too much because it might not work out. We used to get the same bus to school, so it’s likely she will at least recognise me, and from what I saw of her she seemed to be a really nice person, but who knows what will happen.

Yeah bro I think you should just let this one go. It sounds like you barely know this girl and you’ve got no signs of interest from her. Even if things do go back to normal, I would suggest you look elsewhere.
Ok guys she has accepted my friend request, so at least this is a start :smile:
I’m probably going to send her a message tomorrow morning, but I am really nervous lol
Ok guys she has accepted my friend request, so at least this is a start :smile:
I’m probably going to send her a message tomorrow morning, but I am really nervous lol

See! You had nothing to worry about! She accepted your friend request without the need of a prior message. She just might know who you are :smile:

Just have a regular conversation with her tomorrow and everything should be fine. Ask about her day, how she’s dealing with the pandemic, etc. And don’t forget to say cute things sometimes but not tooooo cute as that will scare her off haha. Good luck!
Say I love you to her
See! You had nothing to worry about! She accepted your friend request without the need of a prior message. She just might know who you are :smile:

Just have a regular conversation with her tomorrow and everything should be fine. Ask about her day, how she’s dealing with the pandemic, etc. And don’t forget to say cute things sometimes but not tooooo cute as that will scare her off haha. Good luck!

Thank you :smile: I will be sure to do all this, I’m just going to try because it’s unlikely I will see her again if I don’t keep in contact with her. Besides even if things don’t work out it will be good experience I guess.
Say I love you to her

Hmm, the idea is to get to know her, not get myself blocked haha
I think I’m the girl
Say I love you to her

No. That would be waaay too much, too soon
I think I’m the girl

lol
Yo there, I'm in the exact same situation as OP though mine is slightly diff. This girl asked me out and I accidentally rejected her thinking it was a joke.
Yo there, I'm in the exact same situation as OP though mine is slightly diff. This girl asked me out and I accidentally rejected her thinking it was a joke.

Do you have any way to contact her?
Bang at it boss, DM that girl.
Right guys, I have one last question. I’m going to send a message at some point today, but a few things have crossed my mind. Do you think she will show the message to her friends or group chat etc? We actually have a few more mutual friends than I expected, so if she says no or whatever then it’s likely I’m going to receive a lot of teasing from my friends, and I really don’t want year 13 to be like that lol. Do you think this is likely to even happen or am I just worried over nothing? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending