The Student Room Group

Is anyone else struggling with the concept of no exams?

Since the exams were cancelled, I've been continuing with my course, so I can be content in my completion of it, but the idea of no examinations has me quite upset. It feels a little like all of this was for nothing. I was ill the full week before my college closed so didn't even get the chance to prepare for all the closures either. I always thought I could come out of my exams knowing I tried my hardest but this uncertainty is so unnerving. Exams were always enjoyable for me, as an objective measure of achievement, but however they chose grades this year I will feel like I have not done weel due to not working hard enough, or that I don't deserve high grades due to not sitting the formal exams. My head's a little shaken by it all. I never talked to anyone in my lessons, but right now I'd much rather be in my lessons learning and continuing towards the tests. We've been told all this time of their importance and now it's gone. We have all this extra free time, but no goal to work towards.
Yep. It does. Which is why I am going to another country to sit them.
Original post by ClayJensen817
Yep. It does. Which is why I am going to another country to sit them.

Where?
Original post by slippybook
Where?

India. Cambridge A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by KamikoYukimura
Since the exams were cancelled, I've been continuing with my course, so I can be content in my completion of it, but the idea of no examinations has me quite upset. It feels a little like all of this was for nothing. I was ill the full week before my college closed so didn't even get the chance to prepare for all the closures either. I always thought I could come out of my exams knowing I tried my hardest but this uncertainty is so unnerving. Exams were always enjoyable for me, as an objective measure of achievement, but however they chose grades this year I will feel like I have not done weel due to not working hard enough, or that I don't deserve high grades due to not sitting the formal exams. My head's a little shaken by it all. I never talked to anyone in my lessons, but right now I'd much rather be in my lessons learning and continuing towards the tests. We've been told all this time of their importance and now it's gone. We have all this extra free time, but no goal to work towards.

Ditto.
I would have been overjoyed to have avoided most of the revision, exams and the wait.
Not seeing how you would struggle with someone giving you a big fat present.

People I feel sorry for are those who may not get a calculated grade because they are resits or purely private candidates, as well as those who have worked their butts off after disappointing mocks and will not be credited for that extra work.

Quick Reply

Latest