The Student Room Group

Fujitsu Degree Apprenticeship 2020 - Cyber Security - Warrington

Has anyone made it to the assessment centre stage? if so, you see once you click on the given link to book an appointment does it show a blank scheduling screen or is it just me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownCyberxx
Has anyone made it to the assessment centre stage? if so, you see once you click on the given link to book an appointment does it show a blank scheduling screen or is it just me?

I’m not an applicant, but I’d assume you’d like any and all responses ASAP.
Perhaps try with a different browser?
I’ve checked it multiple times? I even used a different laptop 😭 I’m about to lose it. The fact that the assessment day is so soon as well I should be worried.
I’ve checked it multiple times? I even used a different laptop 😭 I’m about to lose it. The fact that the assessment day is so soon as well I should be worried.

Don’t worry, these things happen!
Email the work contact, they’ll get back to you.
Include a screenshot :smile:

Keep it simple and just describe the problem and ask if they know how to resolve the issue. Including the kind regards - name, formalities.

Everything will be fine :smile:
Original post by Chris2892
Don’t worry, these things happen!
Email the work contact, they’ll get back to you.
Include a screenshot :smile:

Keep it simple and just describe the problem and ask if they know how to resolve the issue. Including the kind regards - name, formalities.

Everything will be fine :smile:

Just a tip for your assessment centre, I’ve assessed these myself.
If you have to do a group exercise, be a team player. Make sure everyone agrees on decisions/choices, and if you feel someone has been cut out of the conversation or is relatively quiet, ask them their opinion.
I’ve never personally looked to see who was leading the group, but instead who steered the collective group towards the final objective. People who do tend to try and lead a group, often steer their own agenda without the group.

Following the tips I’ve outlined will demonstrate better leadership and teamwork skills than trying to directly lead the group.
If you have to do a group exercise, be a team player. Make sure everyone agrees on decisions/choices, and if you feel someone has been cut out of the conversation or is relatively quiet, ask them their opinion.
I’ve never personally looked to see who was leading the group, but instead who steered the collective group towards the final objective. People who do tend to try and lead a group, often steer their own agenda without the group.

Following the tips I’ve outlined will demonstrate better leadership and teamwork skills than trying to directly lead the group.

Thank youuuu so much! I was literally going to hit you with this as a follow up question. May I just add I’m not go great of a reader like I can read but I do have an odd accent hence why I’m trying to get into the technical aspect of this apprenticeship any advice on being confident but not too confident and really showing my talent in trying?
Thank youuuu so much! I was literally going to hit you with this as a follow up question. May I just add I’m not go great of a reader like I can read but I do have an odd accent hence why I’m trying to get into the technical aspect of this apprenticeship any advice on being confident but not too confident and really showing my talent in trying?

I won’t ask background on your reading abilities, this is confidential to you. Saying that, if you have an associated disability, the employer has a responsibility to accommodate that and is not subject to any form of comparisons in applicant selection. If it’s academic purposes, or English is your second language, your English education must be proficient enough to have made it to the assessment centre stage. Most of my team is European or speak English as a second language, it’s as important for the native speaker to adapt their communication as it is for the 2nd language speaker. A lot of people at my work struggle to understand my strong northern accent. Don’t worry :smile:

Apprenticeships don’t really require you to be up to speed with the industry or have previous experience, they’re more interested in your passion for the subject and specific reasons for choosing to apply for that role. They ultimately want to select the candidate who shows the most passion towards the specific role and who is most likely to see the scheme to the end. You should know what the company does and its history, almost to a worship level, they want to know you’d be proud to work there.

The application must have provided a list of qualities they’re looking for. Think of an example in which you’ve demonstrated these qualities, two examples if you can.

Ignore your confidence in technical ability, but understand and recognise your strong and weak point. More importantly, identify how you’ve tried to overcome them with examples. This is an excellent way to answer the dreaded “what is your greatest weakness?” question.

Instead, be confident in your passion for the subject/industry, your purpose for applying, and the experiences that have defined who you are. All of the applicants will have similar qualifications, you share your combination of individual experiences and specific personality in applying for this role with nobody.

Interviewers will identify your ability to draw from your experiences as good assessment preperation. I was terrified and very shy when I sat my assessment day, but my confidence in being passionate and driven to get the apprenticeship drove me to perform on the day.

Apologies for the essay, hope this helps
(edited 4 years ago)
I won’t ask background on your reading abilities, this is confidential to you. Saying that, if you have an associated disability, the employer has a responsibility to accommodate that and is not subject to any form of comparisons in applicant selection. If it’s academic purposes, or English is your second language, your English education must be proficient enough to have made it to the assessment centre stage. Most of my team is European or speak English as a second language, it’s as important for the native speaker to adapt their communication as it is for the 2nd language speaker. A lot of people at my work struggle to understand my strong northern accent. Don’t worry :smile:

Apprenticeships don’t really require you to be up to speed with the industry or have previous experience, they’re more interested in your passion for the subject and specific reasons for choosing to apply for that role. They ultimately want to select the candidate who shows the most passion towards the specific role and who is most likely to see the scheme to the end. You should know what the company does and its history, almost to a worship level, they want to know you’d be proud to work there.

The application must have provided a list of qualities they’re looking for. Think of an example in which you’ve demonstrated these qualities, two examples if you can.

Ignore your confidence in technical ability, but understand and recognise your strong and weak point. More importantly, identify how you’ve tried to overcome them with examples. This is an excellent way to answer the dreaded “what is your greatest weakness?” question.

Instead, be confident in your passion for the subject/industry, your purpose for applying, and the experiences that have defined who you are. All of the applicants will have similar qualifications, you share your combination of individual experiences and specific personality in applying for this role with nobody.

Interviewers will identify your ability to draw from your experiences as good assessment preperation. I was terrified and very shy when I sat my assessment day, but my confidence in being passionate and driven to get the apprenticeship drove me to perform on the day.

Apologies for the essay, hope this helps

This helped me a lot, thank you so much. Honestly if this goes to plan and I make it, I’ll have you to thank!!
Reply 8
Hi mate, I made it to assessment centre stage a couple of days ago for degree apprentaship in software dev for manchester.On Google Chrome the booking system appeared to work perfectly, however due to the current caronavirus issue my assessment centre was moved online and has been delayed to the 17th may . Have you been told the same thing?How they'll assess us I don't actually know,although we do have the presentation question
Original post by Sevataar
Hi mate, I made it to assessment centre stage a couple of days ago for degree apprentaship in software dev for manchester.On Google Chrome the booking system appeared to work perfectly, however due to the current caronavirus issue my assessment centre was moved online and has been delayed to the 17th may . Have you been told the same thing?How they'll assess us I don't actually know,although we do have the presentation question

Hey, so I got told the assessment centre date is on April 6th and for some reason the schedule system doesn’t work for me ...I got the invitation on the 18th of this month so I’m kinda confused however I emailed the recruitment team and been told they’ll change it and the new dates will come out soon. I haven’t got the question yet? Should I worry...
Hey, so I got told the assessment centre date is on April 6th and for some reason the schedule system doesn’t work for me ...I got the invitation on the 18th of this month so I’m kinda confused however I emailed the recruitment team and been told they’ll change it and the new dates will come out soon. I haven’t got the question yet? Should I worry...

Hi mate, sorry for the delayed reply...

You should of had the question in the original email invite, that's if your referring to the presentation question

in regards to the changing date they told me the same as you...that the new invites would be out soon. Haven't received it yet though

Wait for this week coming up and I recon the new invites will be released, if they're not I will also email recruitment just to make sure.

For piece of mind the presentation question I got was something like "what excites you about Fujitsu and the tech industry" if that rings any bells?

What is the job/program you originally applied for??
(edited 4 years ago)
No worries, I received it yesterday and I’m going for the cyber security degree apprenticeship level at Warrington. My assessment date is on May 26th however it’s a visual assessment day via zoom 😂😂 that’s kinda cool.
No worries, I received it yesterday and I’m going for the cyber security degree apprenticeship level at Warrington. My assessment date is on May 26th however it’s a visual assessment day via zoom 😂😂 that’s kinda cool.

Yeah mate mine is also video assessment, very interested to know how we will be assessed beyond the presentation,got the updated invite yesterday for the 13th May, as I chose software development degree apprentaship at manchester

So you'll be at man met uni then if your successful?
Yeah mate mine is also video assessment, very interested to know how we will be assessed beyond the presentation,got the updated invite yesterday for the 13th May, as I chose software development degree apprentaship at manchester

So you'll be at man met uni then if your successful?

I really hope they let me go to Winchester uni cause that’s only half an hour away from me Met is slightly far I must say. Also good luck man, hopefully we both make it!
I really hope they let me go to Winchester uni cause that’s only half an hour away from me Met is slightly far I must say. Also good luck man, hopefully we both make it!

Didn't consider Winchester,of course it makes sense they do the course there I think,man met is closer to me

Yeah hope we both make it mate,my assessment is before yours so I'll try and tell you something about what to expect on the day
Didn't consider Winchester,of course it makes sense they do the course there I think,man met is closer to me

Yeah hope we both make it mate,my assessment is before yours so I'll try and tell you something about what to expect on the day

Yea totally man,that would be nice:smile: I’m honestly worried more about what’s on my CV I don’t remember which one I sent so hopefully they don’t ask much about it.
Yea totally man,that would be nice:smile: I’m honestly worried more about what’s on my CV I don’t remember which one I sent so hopefully they don’t ask much about it.

I have a friend who already works there, he told me that the CV will have already been assessed as part of the process,so your CV must have been fine

Just go into your application and read the CV you gave them,that way if they ask you, which they will, you will be preapred
Hi, I have applied for a Software Development degree apprenticeship in Manchester, as well. I have passed all the stages and now waiting to see if I will be invited for the assessment day duo to unlimited spaces. How long you waited after you got an email saying you passed your video interview? I have applied on the very last day of application in March :/
Original post by Tammtamm
Hi, I have applied for a Software Development degree apprenticeship in Manchester, as well. I have passed all the stages and now waiting to see if I will be invited for the assessment day duo to unlimited spaces. How long you waited after you got an email saying you passed your video interview? I have applied on the very last day of application in March :/

Hey there, I think we all go through the same stages but then go separate ways during our one to one interview during assessment centre day. But for me personally I received an email 2 weeks after I did the video interview telling me Ive been successful however this didn’t necessary mean I made it through cause it was based on scores and then you get a email inviting you to book for the assessment centre day. I’d honestly tell you to be patient and hopefully you’d get to the final stage successfully. don’t lose hope, you applied last minute just expect a longer wait ps they email back if your not successful but hopefully you do make it through man!
Original post by Tammtamm

Hi there mate,

If we are successful looks like youll be in my intake. Bearing in mind I applied on the 31st January, I had my video interview, then around 2 weeks later I got told I passed but had no guarantee of an assessment centre.

About 3 weeks after that I got asked to book my slot at assesment centre, then this pandemic hit us and I've had to reschedule twice now, with my new date being 13th may; you might get out on mine .

To give you the best info though, use my timescales as the quickest,with the pandemic expect the waiting time to be longer

Does that help you at all??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending