The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kindly confirm if it is accredited with GMC?
Also, what are the course structure theirs for medicine?
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
Kindly confirm if it is accredited with GMC?
Also, what are the course structure theirs for medicine?

GMC don't go out of their way to accredit/approve universities. What they do have is a minimum requirement lists which is:
- Minimum 5500 hours of clincal work/study
- Listed in the world directory of medical schools
- Minimum of 3 years of medical school
- Not to be in the blacklist

Dnipro medical institute checks all the boxes. So if you graduate, you would come home to take the (at the time) UKMLA. (currently PLAB)

The course structure is pre-clinical and clinical with a bit of a mix. First 2 years are all academic, and starting from 3rd year it gets progressively more clinical.
Original post by Hani01
GMC don't go out of their way to accredit/approve universities. What they do have is a minimum requirement lists which is:

Dnipro medical institute checks all the boxes. So if you graduate, you would come home to take the (at the time) UKMLA. (currently PLAB)

The course structure is pre-clinical and clinical with a bit of a mix. First 2 years are all academic, and starting from 3rd year it gets progressively more clinical.

Thank You so much for clearing my doubts also I want to know that do they teach medicine in English or they teach it in their local language?
Reply 63
Thank You so much for clearing my doubts also I want to know that do they teach medicine in English or they teach it in their local language?

Anytime!
They teach medicine in English. All the international students like my self study in english.
Is Dnipro is registered with WDMS because there is no such information about their accreditation on their website ?
Kindly see more at own their official website
Reply 65
Is Dnipro is registered with WDMS because there is no such information about their accreditation on their website ?
Kindly see more at own their official website

If by WDMS you mean world directory of medical schools, check the world directory of medical school website:

https://search.wdoms.org/home/SchoolDetail/F0002350

This shows that it is listed in the world directory of medical schools.
Original post by Tazbella
Hi, I am Taz and I am planning to go on September 2020. However there are students that will start on February and definitely from UK so don’t worry and hope you enjoy it. Are you going to be in your first year ?

I’m thinking Of applying for September 2020 entry as a graduate. I will be doing the first year online due to current Covid19 crisis and hoping to do electives in Uk so I spend minimal time abroad(I have a baby and don’t wna leave her!)
Original post by amal321
Hey Guys, I've been trying to get in touch with some students applying to Graduate entry at Dnipro University also. Hope to get in touch with you all. My family don't want me to go until i am in contact with a few people that have studied there or will be going soon.

Hi Amal, I’m applying for September 2020 too for graduate entry (biomed grad)
Reply 68
Original post by Shuggy53
I’m thinking Of applying for September 2020 entry as a graduate. I will be doing the first year online due to current Covid19 crisis and hoping to do electives in Uk so I spend minimal time abroad(I have a baby and don’t wna leave her!)

I am thinking of the same... either September or February... to spend less time abroad and save money on living... however I am on Sheffield waiting list and have to wait till August to know my fate...

I don't think online is because of covid19 rather it is a permanent fixture.

I have a PhD, MSc and BSc all in the sciences.
Reply 69
Original post by MZI3
I am thinking of the same... either September or February... to spend less time abroad and save money on living... however I am on Sheffield waiting list and have to wait till August to know my fate...

I don't think online is because of covid19 rather it is a permanent fixture.

I have a PhD, MSc and BSc all in the sciences.

Yeah we all have online until covid is over but studying years 1-3 online is a permenant option.

With your PhD and degrees, wouldn't you jump into later graduate entry? Because obviously clinical years has to be done in person
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Hani01
Yeah we all have online until covid is over but studying years 1-3 online is a permenant option.

With your PhD and degrees, wouldn't you jump into later graduate entry? Because obviously clinical years has to be done in person

Mine would be 1yr online and 3yrs on Ukraine... still a 4 year GEM
Reply 71
Are we 100% sure this is GMC accredited? I.e. i take it most if not all on this thread will practise back in the UK, so this grad entry degree will allow for this, right?
Reply 72
Original post by MZI3
Are we 100% sure this is GMC accredited? I.e. i take it most if not all on this thread will practise back in the UK, so this grad entry degree will allow for this, right?

Yea for sure:
Original post by Hani01

Original post by MZI3

I will suggest you contact the GMC directly and you will get the right answer from there.
Just visit the official website of GMC by just one click on the given link https://www.gmc-uk.org/ and there is an option of live chat with the GMC representative
Reply 74
Original post by Hani01
Yea for sure:

Also, I have checked the world directory of medical schools and although dnipro is listed, it is only mentioned as a 6 year degree whereas other unis are listed as 4, 5 and 6 year degrees.
Reply 75
Original post by MZI3
Also, I have checked the world directory of medical schools and although dnipro is listed, it is only mentioned as a 6 year degree whereas other unis are listed as 4, 5 and 6 year degrees.

Just had a look at some british medical schools with graduate entry, and not all mention on their page on world directory of medical schools about 4 year courses (grad) even if they have them eg Manchester Medical School.. I think its just down to how much detail the medical school has put on their page, as my friend personally knows someone who graduated from dnipro medical institute from grad entry and is working as a doctor in the UK. But yeah go verify for yourself if you feel the need to! (eg call the GMC) A lot of my friends called the GMC before they came to double check it all and they had no issues :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Hani01
Just had a look at some british medical schools with graduate entry, and not all mention on their page on world directory of medical schools about 4 year courses (grad) even if they have them eg Manchester Medical School.. I think its just down to how much detail the medical school has put on their page, as my friend personally knows someone who graduated from dnipro medical institute from grad entry and is working as a doctor in the UK. But yeah go verify for yourself if you feel the need to! (eg call the GMC) A lot of my friends called the GMC before they came to double check it all and they had no issues :smile:

Manchester doesn't do grad entry btw. Just to mention I am keen to study in Ukraine and do 1year online but I want assurances that I can come and practise in the UK as soon as I finish. I.e. without taking extra courses like medics who graduate in say Asia do.
Reply 77
Original post by MZI3
Manchester doesn't do grad entry btw. Just to mention I am keen to study in Ukraine and do 1year online but I want assurances that I can come and practise in the UK as soon as I finish. I.e. without taking extra courses like medics who graduate in say Asia do.

Oops, you're right lol. I just know an older family friend at manchester medical school and assumed he entered grad entry because he had already done a degree.

In that case the only solid evidence I can provide is for you to ring the GMC and ask. I don't like to make a case with "he said she said" as anyone can say that and make stuff up. I guess my contribution is that my friends at the uni doing graduate have rang the GMC to make sure and there was no problem.
Just to let you know that any MBBS or MD degrees accredited by European universities will now be accepted by GMC if ALL clinical placements are done at the university abroad.So for all those planning I’m doing placements in the UK, there’s no way u can get GMC accreditation to wrk here in UK following ur graduation😭You will need to do placements abroad,minus first year online
Reply 79
Just to let you know that any MBBS or MD degrees accredited by European universities will now be accepted by GMC if ALL clinical placements are done at the university abroad.So for all those planning I’m doing placements in the UK, there’s no way u can get GMC accreditation to wrk here in UK following ur graduation😭You will need to do placements abroad,minus first year online

Could you show us where it says this?

Latest

Trending

Trending