The Student Room Group

My parents don’t care about Coronavirus

My parents do not care about Covid-19 they think it’ll be over in a few weeks and that the news has everyone worried. My dad forced me to go for a walk with him in the busy town centre and then got a haircut. My Mum works I’m a school so she’s a social worker so everyday she spends time around 50 kids. I’m scared for them and for me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesDW12
My parents do not care about Covid-19 they think it’ll be over in a few weeks and that the news has everyone worried. My dad forced me to go for a walk with him in the busy town centre and then got a haircut. My Mum works I’m a school so she’s a social worker so everyday she spends time around 50 kids. I’m scared for them and for me.

Hahaha ur dad is a right laugh, haircut :hahaha:
Omds ur old man reminds me of the step-dad in the beginning of Shaun of the Dead hahaha he didn't give a **** then got devoured by zombies like twenty minutes in lol
Do you have a condition which makes you more at risk? If not, then you don't need to worry for yourself.
Your parents are responsible for their own health, show the risks and news articles as to what is happening but ultimatey not much you can do.
Just socially isolate as much as possible and refuse to go out
The selfishness of people is getting unbearable tbh reminds me of the woman who phoned up a radio station a few days ago and was saying she doesn't give a **** about coronavirus and if she gets it, she's fine cause she's "lived her life" and when the host pointed out she may unknowingly be giving it to other people she was like "so?? that's not my problem, that's just how it is". Then she revealed she'd gone to see her 78 year old friend at the weekend and basically refused to believe she could have passed anything on. The host was so frustrated he had to just hang up on her, unbelievable.
Busy town centre? Where do you live that still has anything that is remotely busy?
Original post by AzureCeleste
Do you have a condition which makes you more at risk? If not, then you don't need to worry for yourself.

This is not true. Younger people without pre-existing conditions or not in a high risk group can still become seriously unwell and die due to COVID19. The risks are lower but saying you don't need to worry or change your behaviour is nonsense.
Original post by Admit-One
This is not true. Younger people without pre-existing conditions or not in a high risk group can still become seriously unwell and die due to COVID19. The risks are lower but saying you don't need to worry or change your behaviour is nonsense.

as much as I agree with this, I believe the stats are there's been only one death (UK or worldwide, can't remember) of a young adult with no underlying health conditions.
Original post by DiddyDec
Busy town centre? Where do you live that still has anything that is remotely busy?

Post is from Monday, before full lockdown. :dontknow:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Post is from Monday, before full lockdown. :dontknow:

That would make a little more sense.
Please try and make them realise that they could be carriers for the disease to people at risk! It's so frustrating. I'm in an at risk group, as well as my mum and my brother. We are only leaving the house to walk my dog, while my dad leaves once a week to shop. The first day of lockdown I took my dog to the local parkland where we walk him. When I got there, two families with young children were playing football together, taking up a large space of the parkland. I couldn't let my dog off his lead in case he went over to them, or their dog came over to us. Luckily we have a large enough garden that we can give him a run around at home, but it was so irresponsible.

Based on that absolutely everybody should be very concerned that they are going to die.
People should be a little concerned, but the chances of dying are beyond slim. Additionally, they should be less worried as they are less likely to get a serious form of the illness. Only 0.2% in that age group are dying- most of which had a pre-existing health condition. Really your chances of getting it are so very low. If we went about daily life constantly worrying about dying from everything then life wouldn't be good. Now I am not saying don't worry, but you shouldn't be too concerned at this moment in time. You should be more concerned about passing it on to someone older- right now that is a more valid worry (imo).
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Omds ur old man reminds me of the step-dad in the beginning of Shaun of the Dead hahaha he didn't give a **** then got devoured by zombies like twenty minutes in lol

that’s bang outta order

Statically you are far more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by Corvid.
Statically you are far more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by Corvid.

After three weeks of lockdown this is almost a certainty :wink:

I know that feeling :lol:
I know that feeling :lol:

Any statistics on family homicide? :wink:
Reply 17

Jeremy Corbyn with coronavirus :dontknow:
Original post by Sir Cumference
Jeremy Corbyn with coronavirus :dontknow:

Nah, crows and ravens and the like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvidae
Reply 19
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Nah, crows and ravens and the like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvidae

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest