The Student Room Group

Will UK go into lockdown tonight?

"Nation addressed" at 8:30PM tonight. Seems like a full lockdown is imminent.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ferrograd

Nope 0% chance it’s going to happen at least
Original post by Mapleservers
Nope 0% chance it’s going to happen at least

Why do you think that? Genuinely curious.

Maybe, but I don't think so. At the moment the daily address is a bit later than usual.
Original post by MrMusician95
Maybe, but I don't think so. At the moment the daily address is a bit later than usual.

Due to the cobra meeting. At most they’ll just tell us to wash hands and all that again and maybe close clothing shops at most
Due to the cobra meeting. At most they’ll just tell us to wash hands and all that again and maybe close clothing shops at most

Probably, and this is why we will overtake Italy in terms of deaths within two weeks.
Probably, and this is why we will overtake Italy in terms of deaths within two weeks.

This isn't a "daily briefing". Boris said they would introduce more measures if people obeyed. Look around you? Do you see people obeying the government? People in this country are stupid. At the very least they will make it mandatory for businesses to close apart from supermarkets and pharmacies
This isn't a "daily briefing". Boris said they would introduce more measures if people obeyed. Look around you? Do you see people obeying the government? People in this country are stupid. At the very least they will make it mandatory for businesses to close apart from supermarkets and pharmacies

I highly disagree. Most areas are clear. I reckon they won’t address any closures and he’s the new daily briefing is at 8:30pm
I dont think we will go into lockdown tonight, but I dont think it's that far off.
Reply 9
I highly disagree. Most areas are clear. I reckon they won’t address any closures and he’s the new daily briefing is at 8:30pm

It is NOT another daily briefing.
Reply 10
It's possible. If not tonight, it's not far away.
I think we will be in lockdown by the end of the week.
Possibly tonight, because of the COBRA meeting, but I'm not sure.

Tonight, I think they will at least close all shops/etc. tonight.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
It is NOT another daily briefing.

Yes it is. He has an announcement at 8:30 just look on bbcnews for yourself
(edited 4 years ago)
It'll be another ratcheting up of the current restrictions. I don't think it'll be martial law just yet though.
Reply 14
Yes it is. He has an announcement at 8:30 just look on bbcnews for yourself

No, it is not.

An address to the nation is not a daily briefing.
Know this probably seems rather stupid in the wider scheme of things, but how will we get our hair cut XD
The best outcome would be for Mr Johnson to resign and a Tory minister who is at least half capable to take over. Rishi Sunak perhaps. Bring back those with knowledge to the government such as Jeremy Hunt, and form a unity government with some members of other parties. Hilary Benn, Keir Starmer, Lord Adonis and Yvette Cooper could all bring something at this time of crisis.
Know this probably seems rather stupid in the wider scheme of things, but how will we get our hair cut XD

gonna have to whip out your kitchen scissors and cut it yourself

razers

The thing about the death tolls is that the incubation period of the virus can be anywhere up to about 30 days - ie without showing symptoms- and then if and when the person gets tested it still takes 5 days to come back (inc for autopsies) so all of the numbers we have are super super outdated. That's why there's not yet been a great reduction in the daily statistics even after closing schools etc. Basically we will have already overtaken Italy by now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending