The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

2020 Lancaster University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ghostlady
It was for particle physics and cosmology and she was told she was going to be put in for an unconditional on the day, but was told that had to be run by the board. she heard a couple of days later. It really depends on the department and who interviewed you :smile:

Thank you
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
how’s everybody feeling about these cancelled exams?
Ngl I need help. I like to party but don’t know what accom will be the most lively . Help
Unconditional for biology :smile:
Original post by aw03

I’m worried about these new calculated grades - because I’d love to go to Lancaster and I thought I could get the grades in the exam - but I’m not sure what’s gonna happen with these new grades because my mocks were bad
Original post by Anonymous
Ngl I need help. I like to party but don’t know what accom will be the most lively . Help

Its the people that make it. you could be in a townhouse of 12 and it be quiet, or in furness with just 4-5 people and they are partygoers.
Original post by aw03

Original post by shane.gopee
I’m worried about these new calculated grades - because I’d love to go to Lancaster and I thought I could get the grades in the exam - but I’m not sure what’s gonna happen with these new grades because my mocks were bad

Tbh no-one is entirely sure yet, I keep checking on the governments website about it all and there isnt any guidelines. Some speculate its mocks, others predicted grades, and others what students have done in monthly/fortnightly tests. And others AS levels/gcse grades. I think it might be a mixture of everything all taken together. You could have done rubbish in mocks, but your interim tests you always shone. Or your predicted grades might not have been great, but you really improved and the teachers could see that and mark you up. I think they will say more on how it will be graded soon. And Unis, given the circumstances I think they will be some sympathetic if you dipped out one of your subjects by a grade. Shane.gopee did you get to hear back on interview?
(edited 4 years ago)
Tbh no-one is entirely sure yet, I keep checking on the governments website about it all and there isnt any guidelines. Some speculate its mocks, others predicted grades, and others what students have done in monthly/fortnightly tests. And others AS levels/gcse grades. I think it might be a mixture of everything all taken together. You could have done rubbish in mocks, but your interim tests you always shone. Or your predicted grades might not have been great, but you really improved and the teachers could see that and mark you up. I think they will say more on how it will be graded soon. And Unis, given the circumstances I think they will be some sympathetic if you dipped out one of your subjects by a grade. Shane.gopee did you get to hear back on interview?

Not yet unfortunately :frown:
Reply 48
Finally accepted my unconditional eeeekkkk!!!

Hi,
This is hard to answer as it changes every year! In general townhouses & standard accommodation is the way to go.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by shane.gopee
Not yet unfortunately :frown:

im sure you will soon. message the department, they will still be taking emails :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by laussss
Finally accepted my unconditional eeeekkkk!!!

me too!!!!! just yesterday :smile:)

with all these corona going on i thought i’d best get a move on lmao
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
This is hard to answer as it changes every year! In general townhouses & standard accommodation is the way to go.
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

hi charlotte! i’m starting the biomedical science course at Lancaster in autumn as since my a levels were unfortunately cancelled, i’d like to get a head start on the course.

is there like a reading list / any books for you to recommend? thanks so much!
hi charlotte! i’m starting the biomedical science course at Lancaster in autumn as since my a levels were unfortunately cancelled, i’d like to get a head start on the course.

is there like a reading list / any books for you to recommend? thanks so much!

Hi anon,
I understand that you feel like you have a lot of free time now, especially since you won't start until October but honestly I'd suggest not stressing too much! Just make sure you're up to date on the a level content and you know it well. In first year there's only one textbook you're suggested to read but it's not necessary (I never bought it). A good place to start is Nature - you can get emails with a breakdown of the main stories. But otherwise, there isn't really a good lot to do.
Original post by aw03
me too!!!!! just yesterday :smile:)

with all these corona going on i thought i’d best get a move on lmao

Well done, what course was it for? :smile:
Reply 55
Well done, what course was it for? :smile:

biomedical science :smile:
Original post by ellie145
Hiya!

Starting this thread

Has anyone heard back from Lancaster regarding offers? If so, what subjects have they been for!

I’m applying for history and this will be my first choice if I get an offer so hey!X

Hey I’ve accepted my offer to study history at Lancaster!
omg i have an interview for english in an hour and a half i’m so nervous!!
Reply 58
omg i have an interview for english in an hour and a half i’m so nervous!!

good luck!! how did it go?
Original post by aw03
good luck!! how did it go?

i just finished, and i think it went ok :smile: it was a really interesting discussion!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending