The Student Room Group

Year 13s: Are you considering changing your uni choice in light of Coronavirus?

Poll

Are you thinking of changing your uni choice in light of Coronavirus?

Hope everyone is doing okay right now :hugs:

Obviously things are pretty different than expected right now - are you thinking of changing your uni choice as a result? If so what's making you reconsider?
Reply 1
Wait why
Original post by Zasty
Wait why

You might potentially consider any number of things, like whether you were satisfied or not with the responses of certain unis, how they're supporting students academically and otherwise through this time, anything like that. It's not to say you need to, but it's bound to be going through some people's minds
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You might potentially consider any number of things, like whether you were satisfied or not with the responses of certain unis, how they're supporting students academically and otherwise through this time, anything like that. It's not to say you need to, but it's bound to be going through some people's minds

I think most people would be understanding that it is hard for unis to decide what to do in times like this.
Original post by Treetop321
I think most people would be understanding that it is hard for unis to decide what to do in times like this.

For sure, but I was just answering the question :tongue: that's not to say I personally have/would
Nope!
Reply 6
I'm conflicted on whether or not I should defer my Masters place at Warwick for a year. I'm really excited to move on to postgraduate level, to live in a new city, to stay in academia, to carry on along the path towards a PhD... but nobody knows what things are going to be like come September. I don't want to be stuck at home doing online classes and paying 9 grand for it. I don't want to be alone in a new place if things are still in lockdown, unable to meet new people or interact properly with a new place. It's got me feeling pretty lost, to be honest. :redface:
Reply 7
I’m not changing my mind (already accepted a conditional offer). I’m only scared I won’t be fairly assessed as I was expecting top grades in all subjects, but haven’t done much in terms of mocks. The SQA say they’ll look at people’s past grades so I’m hoping that will strongly indicate my ability to have done well this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending