The Student Room Group

Sunderland A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Saz243
How long did it take from when you applied to the accommodation for an email to come through telling you which flat and stuff

Only a day
Hi guys
Sorry to be annoying again but how did people book accommodation? I can’t find anywhere
Original post by Crumblexcrackers
Hi guys
Sorry to be annoying again but how did people book accommodation? I can’t find anywhere

Google Sunderland uni accommodation application
Original post by Anonymoooo
Google Sunderland uni accommodation application

Thank ya I ended up doing that haha
Any Egyptians in here?!!
When people applied for accommodation, was there anyone else that it didn’t allow you to put in a name and stuff in here? 511FCE96-7540-4234-BF68-F9A6D754B868.jpg.jpeg
Reply 86
anyone else worried about how the university is going to select our places with us not doing A-Levels? Surely everybody is working at AAA or AAB at least or else they wouldn’t get an offer... How are they going to select who will get a place? It’s my third year of sixth form as i only did one A-level last year (mitigating circumstances) so i’m waiting on two grades, this is my last chance and i loved this university. Is anyone else wondering how they will choose too or is it just me lol
Original post by bzkldn
anyone else worried about how the university is going to select our places with us not doing A-Levels? Surely everybody is working at AAA or AAB at least or else they wouldn’t get an offer... How are they going to select who will get a place? It’s my third year of sixth form as i only did one A-level last year (mitigating circumstances) so i’m waiting on two grades, this is my last chance and i loved this university. Is anyone else wondering how they will choose too or is it just me lol

I don’t think everyone will get those predicted. I feel people may be sitting the autumn exams
Reply 88
Original post by Cgallagher2
I don’t think everyone will get those predicted. I feel people may be sitting the autumn exams

Some people will decline their offer (like me) and I’m pretty sure the teacher predictions =/= UCAS predictions so some people will get lower grades than they expect when taking into account in school assessments, mocks and whatever other factors they decide to put into the mix.
Yeah I’m worried about it. Also how long did it take you to hear back from accommodation if you are an undergraduate? I applied on Friday and still haven’t heard anything back
Reply 90
Original post by ellenobrien22
Yeah I’m worried about it. Also how long did it take you to hear back from accommodation if you are an undergraduate? I applied on Friday and still haven’t heard anything back

I emailed them because I hadn’t either but if you haven’t firmed them or anything they don’t reply until you have
Original post by Saz243
I emailed them because I hadn’t either but if you haven’t firmed them or anything they don’t reply until you have

I have firmed them. Im confused. Do we need our grades first?
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi @SleepyGnome
We do consider requests to defer, it would be best to contact our admissions team so they can look into this for you based on your circumstances. You can send them an email at [email protected]
Hope that helps

When do we hear about accommodation? I applied on Friday and was wondering when I would find out if I got accommodation. Do we have to wait to have our grades to get our accommodation offers accepted?
Reply 93
I have firmed them. Im confused. Do we need our grades first?

Oh that’s strange they said to me that when I made a decision about firming them I’d get an email. I’d email them just to check
Original post by Saz243
Oh that’s strange they said to me that when I made a decision about firming them I’d get an email. I’d email them just to check

Okay thank you
When do we hear about accommodation? I applied on Friday and was wondering when I would find out if I got accommodation. Do we have to wait to have our grades to get our accommodation offers accepted?

Hi @ellenobrien22
If you are Conditional Firm (CF) with us and have submitted your application for accommodation you should receive a room offer via email within seven working days, but if don't hear anything by the start of next week (30 March) let me know and I have a look into this for you.
Hope that helps:smile:
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi @ellenobrien22
If you are Conditional Firm (CF) with us and have submitted your application for accommodation you should receive a room offer via email within seven working days, but if don't hear anything by the start of next week (30 March) let me know and I have a look into this for you.
Hope that helps:smile:

Okay thank you so much
Reply 97
Original post by Ec2410
I have flat 57, floor 1.

OMG me too!!!
Original post by Zp1407
OMG me too!!!

I have floor 3 flat 55 cxx
Reply 99
I have floor 3 flat 55 cxx