The Student Room Group

What's the deal about GCSEs?

So I'm just a bit confused about what's going on.

Some people are saying that Exams weren't taking place in May & June and that we didn't have to worry about using predicted grades, and we'd just postpone the GCSEs, and now some other people [including some teachers] are telling me that we WON'T do them. My History teacher sent us all a heartfelt message about how we won't get to show off to the examiners, whilst my biology teacher is telling me to revise Ecology!

So are we, are we not doing our Gcses?
Reply 1
Original post by IT monkey

Some people are saying that Exams weren't taking place in May & June and that we didn't have to worry about using predicted grades, and we'd just postpone the GCSEs, and now some other people [including some teachers] are telling me that we WON'T do them. My History teacher sent us all a heartfelt message about how we won't get to show off to the examiners, whilst my biology teacher is telling me to revise Ecology!

No,it has been confirmed that we won't be doing our GCSE's. All information is on the link. Remember that if you believe that the grade given in not representative of your ability you can still appeal and do another exam, where you can still show off Gcse grading
Reply 2
Original post by AbzSaid
No,it has been confirmed that we won't be doing our GCSE's. All information is on the link. Remember that if you believe that the grade given in not representative of your ability you can still appeal and do another exam, where you can still show off Gcse grading

Is there a chance we will have to do our GCSEs? Like if the COVID situation boils down a bit?
Reply 3
Original post by IT monkey

We are not they have been cancelled so teachers rank us and give us grades depending on our class work or assessments we have done but if u want to u can resist exams in October or November if u don’t like the result

Quick Reply

Latest