The Student Room Group

Girl gamer youtube ideas

I want to start a YouTube channel, but I need some ideas of a channel name.

Also I need to promote my channel but have no idea how to do this other than post it on socials.

Any suggestions?:smile:)
Comment on small channels asking if they'd check out your channel. That's what I did at the start as more often than not they're willing to help. You just have to build momentum and go from there!

(also I found my name from a random generator haha)
Reply 2
Original post by stillcrying
Comment on small channels asking if they'd check out your channel. That's what I did at the start as more often than not they're willing to help. You just have to build momentum and go from there!

Thats a good idea, ive seen a lot of channels do this in the comments.

Ive been doing this but nothing has stood out to me but i'll have to just go with something and see how it goes!

Did you buy any special equipment or do you not have a special set up?
Original post by rk861
Thats a good idea, ive seen a lot of channels do this in the comments.

Ive been doing this but nothing has stood out to me but i'll have to just go with something and see how it goes!

Did you buy any special equipment or do you not have a special set up?

Let me know what your channel is and I'll check it out - fellow girl gamer here!

And nope, I used Xbox game DVR to record my clips as I mainly did glitches which were short videos. Then I just recorded a voice over on movie maker on my laptop so nothing special!

I picked up a respectable 500 subscribers but then I stopped to focus on school. I only upload every once in a while now but it's fun to go back to. :smile:
What games ya planning on playing?
For your channel to grow, you have to be offering something unique. You're not gonna get much if you're one of zillions of channels just playing gameplay of the latest release. As with everything else, it helps being attractive, likeable, witty and / or have a radio voice.

Streams are important. People will browse, end up on your stream, and then hopefully you entertain them enough or have interesting enough content that they'll subscribe. The more you're on YouTube, the more people will see you and the more familiar you'll be.

Don't spam other videos with 'hey check out my channel!' cxomments. You don't like it, no one else will. Put yourself in the shoes of a YouTube viewer.

You'll likely hit a wall at some point. If you're obsessed with getting views and subscribers, you'll just get frustrated and not appreciate what you have. Aiming to have millions of views and subscribers is like starting a business and aiming to become a millionaire. It's also much harder these days, the level of 'competition' is huge now and YouTube itself has made it near impossible to get any views. Nearly all the big names became popular before all this. My most popular videos came before all the changes too. Not that the algorithms make sense - these days a copied video that's 2 years younger with less videos will be top of a search result, right above the original it literally copied. If I search the exact title of something, I'll get a heck of a lot of barely-related results with millions of views rather than that exact video.

As for a name, it depends on you. But given the names out there, it doesn't even seem to matter what it is. As long as you can say it and type it.
Reply 6
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
What games ya planning on playing?

I’ve been changing what I play every time I find something new or get bored... or sometimes I play two thing consecutively!

At the moment it’s COD warzone I’m rinsing
Original post by rk861
I’ve been changing what I play every time I find something new or get bored... or sometimes I play two thing consecutively!

At the moment it’s COD warzone I’m rinsing

Ah so you're one of those girl gamer's
Reply 8

No no no. Do not do this. This falls under spam and many bigger Youtube channels do not appreciate their comments being shoehorned with people self promoting. It's disrespectful and will only garner negative attention. I recommend posting your videos on specific Reddit pages like r/ selfpromotion, or in discord channels that allow promotion of videos.

Bare in mind it's perfectly fine to promote your content, but please do it in an environment that is respectful. (Don't subbot or sub4sub either, that's a MASSIVE no no)
Original post by Hoodied
No no no. Do not do this. This falls under spam and many bigger Youtube channels do not appreciate their comments being shoehorned with people self promoting. It's disrespectful and will only garner negative attention. I recommend posting your videos on specific Reddit pages like r/ selfpromotion, or in discord channels that allow promotion of videos.

Bare in mind it's perfectly fine to promote your content, but please do it in an environment that is respectful. (Don't subbot or sub4sub either, that's a MASSIVE no no)

I did say “small channels” in my post, so you clearly haven’t read it correctly. All I would say is “would you mind checking out my channel and leaving some feedback?” If they don’t, no big deal.
I did say “small channels” in my post, so you clearly haven’t read it correctly. All I would say is “would you mind checking out my channel and leaving some feedback?” If they don’t, no big deal.

Yes, that's annoying spam. You don't like it when someone with a pamphlet does it to you in the street or at your door or when trying to watch / read something, big or small.
Sell bath water
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Sell bath water

Haha well if we're going down that route, putting cleavage and feet in all her videos will see views 'grow'.
Reply 13
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Sell bath water

Just one of these days if my channel blows hehe
Reply 14

This applies to both bigger channels and smaller channels.

Quick Reply

Latest