The Student Room Group

Can I still apply to universities? help!

I know it's is very late in the application process but I really wish to apply to university and go this year. I am an external candidate and have got private tutors for my subjects that could give me a predicted grade. Is it still possible for me to apply, I know ucas applications are not completely shut.
Especially with the current situation, do you think universities will be more lenient when it comes to university applications.
If anyone has gone through a similar situation regarding late university applications, any help or advice would really be appreciated.
Original post by amber2106
I know it's is very late in the application process but I really wish to apply to university and go this year. I am an external candidate and have got private tutors for my subjects that could give me a predicted grade. Is it still possible for me to apply, I know ucas applications are not completely shut.
Especially with the current situation, do you think universities will be more lenient when it comes to university applications.
If anyone has gone through a similar situation regarding late university applications, any help or advice would really be appreciated.

Hey @amber2106

It's definitely not too late to apply for university! Universities are aware of the situation and know that it is not ideal for this process!

As you said, UCAS applications are still open, and the government is doing what it can to make sure that everyone still comes out of this with the ability to apply to university.

You can see UCAS updates on the situation here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates

Best of luck,

Mia:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey @amber2106

It's definitely not too late to apply for university! Universities are aware of the situation and know that it is not ideal for this process!

As you said, UCAS applications are still open, and the government is doing what it can to make sure that everyone still comes out of this with the ability to apply to university.

You can see UCAS updates on the situation here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates

Best of luck,

Mia:biggrin:

Thanks so much for reassuring me. :smile:
Original post by amber2106
Thanks so much for reassuring me. :smile:

Hi there @amber2106

You're welcome and good luck!

Quick Reply