The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to go on a walk with a male friend if you already have a boyfriend?

We are sixth form students, and the male friend is a childhood friend, and he's like a brother to me. I just don't want my boyfriend to be upset/jealous.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pancakesbob7
We are sixth form students, and the male friend is a childhood friend, and he's like a brother to me. I just don't want my boyfriend to be upset/jealous.

no, i do it all the time. usually it's a walk to the bedroom tho, so not sure if that counts.
In the middle of coronavirus lockdown, yes.
Unless you live with him you shouldn't be having any walks with him.
walks are fine, smh some people are so insecure
Original post by DiddyDec
Unless you live with him you shouldn't be having any walks with him.

Do you mean the coronavirus rules?
Right now you shouldn't at all.

In general though, what is your reason for going on a walk together? Seems a bit of a random activity.
Original post by sinfonietta

In general though, what is your reason for going on a walk together? Seems a bit of a random activity.

Is going on a walk too old-fashioned now?
Original post by Coolfred
Is going on a walk too old-fashioned now?

Of course not. Where did you get that idea from?
I find it funny how I've wasted too much time on reddit, Insta and Youtube, so now I'm here answering questions on TSR.

Anyway, it should be ok with your boyfriend but if he is a jealous insecure type then that's a red flag right there.
Original post by Coolfred
Do you mean the coronavirus rules?

Yes.

It's not wrong per se but it isn't necessarily right.
It's more about how it's viewed. If you care then you wouldn't do your boyfriend like that.
Of course not. Where did you get that idea from?

I'm not sure what you meant by 'seems like a bit of a random activity'
I personally think it's ok as long as the guy respects that you are taken and doesn't try anything. I once had a meal and had a chat on the beach with a girl that had a bf, didn't know at the time she was taken but obviously that relationship had a lot of trust.

Does your bf know about you going on a walk with your friend? How long have you both been together?

We live nearby and both want to get out of the house as a break from studying
Original post by Anonymous
Does your bf know about you going on a walk with your friend? How long have you both been together?

Around 4-5 months
You are only supposed to be going for a walk with your immediate household or alone, not with anyone else at all, even if you practice social distancing. Check the government guidelines. This is assuming you are in the UK.
Original post by Anonymous
You are only supposed to be going for a walk with your immediate household or alone, not with anyone else at all, even if you practice social distancing. Check the government guidelines. This is assuming you are in the UK.

Yeah, I don't think they're asking about coronavirus rules
Around 4-5 months

I have friends of the opposite sex I met for coffee and lunch (prior to corona rules) you’re not married! You’re allowed to enjoy time with your friends as long as he trusts you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending