The Student Room Group

psychology a level

whats the best thing to do to get a head start on the WJEC psychology a level course?
revision fam
not much really apart from ordering textbooks/revision guides and looking at the specification.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
not much really apart from ordering textbooks/revision guides and looking at the specification.

wat eva, just entertain my faith
I did AQA but I think there is a lot of crossover.
To get a headstart you could:
-Print off the specification and have a read through it. See what initially interests you and do a bit of googling about these topics.
-See if you can get your hands on 'The Psychology Book' https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychology-Book-Nigel-Benson/dp/1405391243 (Im sure you can get it second hand if you don't want to pay that). It's a really good book that outlines all the basic concepts and key psychologists in a really easy to understand way.
-Watch films / videos that will give you knowledge about really key experiments you will study. I'd recommend the Stanford prison experiment (on Netflix and elsewhere online.), and youtube videos about Asch experiment, strange situation, milgram, and anything else that is mentioned as a key study on your spec.
If you want to go beyond that you could type wjec psychology into quizlet and see if anyone has a set of keywords that you can use to understand the basic terminology.
TBH psychology isn't difficult to self teach so you would easily be able to gain a good understanding of the first few chapters if you get the textbook now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending