The Student Room Group

PwC Assessment Centre 2020 - Coronavirus

Hey people, I got a call from pwc regarding their AC that it was cancelled cus of corona but they didn’t say anything else about when they’re planning to reschedule. Was just wondering if everyone else received this call too and if they know any other info regarding it? And do u know if we still hold our place for it? Like they’re not gonna make us do it all over again
Original post by vaselinebruv
Hey people, I got a call from pwc regarding their AC that it was cancelled cus of corona but they didn’t say anything else about when they’re planning to reschedule. Was just wondering if everyone else received this call too and if they know any other info regarding it? And do u know if we still hold our place for it? Like they’re not gonna make us do it all over again

Makes sense for them to be cancelled due to the nature of the day which involved group presentations, discussions and 1-1 interviews. I'd imagine they are simply on pause and will be picked up when safe to do so with the candidate list they have now. So your place should be safe.

I'm supposedly starting with PwC on Monday, but I'm concerned they'll ask me to defer, although in theory I can work from home...

Strange times.
Reply 2
Original post by SSBofficial
Makes sense for them to be cancelled due to the nature of the day which involved group presentations, discussions and 1-1 interviews. I'd imagine they are simply on pause and will be picked up when safe to do so with the candidate list they have now. So your place should be safe.

I'm supposedly starting with PwC on Monday, but I'm concerned they'll ask me to defer, although in theory I can work from home...

Strange times.

Hi! Just out of curiosity, did you start on 31st? I was given the option for Spring/Autumn start - for different roles. Due to the coronavirus situation and I actually had a holiday that overlapped with their induction week for Spring start, I opted for Autumn start. The holiday didnt happen for the obvious reason and I am a bit worried as to whether my offer is still secure!

Strange times.

How would you work from home, you haven't been trained 😂.
Original post by elleque
Hi! Just out of curiosity, did you start on 31st? I was given the option for Spring/Autumn start - for different roles. Due to the coronavirus situation and I actually had a holiday that overlapped with their induction week for Spring start, I opted for Autumn start. The holiday didnt happen for the obvious reason and I am a bit worried as to whether my offer is still secure!

Hey! Yes I did start yesterday and will be inducted virtually over the course of the next few weeks.
They also gave me the choice to defer, but I chose to stick with Spring. I wouldn't worry about the security of your offer, if anything, the fact I started during the lockdown phase is testament to PwC's commitment to their new hires!
Original post by Realitysreflexx
How would you work from home, you haven't been trained 😂.

So true - been obviously quite chilled thus far haha
So true - been obviously quite chilled thus far haha

Glad to see they still brought you on! Best of luck lol.
Reply 7
Hey! Yes I did start yesterday and will be inducted virtually over the course of the next few weeks.
They also gave me the choice to defer, but I chose to stick with Spring. I wouldn't worry about the security of your offer, if anything, the fact I started during the lockdown phase is testament to PwC's commitment to their new hires!

Yeh, I thought they would do it virtually! how is it going?! It's great that they even gave you an option to defer! I think PwC is pretty good in that sense, as they offered me options for the posts and when to start as well!
Original post by elleque
Yeh, I thought they would do it virtually! how is it going?! It's great that they even gave you an option to defer! I think PwC is pretty good in that sense, as they offered me options for the posts and when to start as well!

So far so good - I'll know more over the next week to report back with.
Reply 9
So far so good - I'll know more over the next week to report back with.

good to know!! and good luck!!!

Hi! Here I am a year later, finally doing the AC as I had to wait for a grad role to appear in consulting. Do you know how the virtual AC for consulting was set up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending