The Student Room Group

Are you like yourself outside as you are at home?

Poll

Are you different around your family?

Like....are you real chatty and goofy with family but quiet and shy or tough with strangers? Vice versa? Or are you the same? If you're different, is it intentional?

I'm just tryna see somethin real quick..

Scroll to see replies

I'm different around different people tbh. Wouldn't say I'm shy with strangers as I'm v chatty and smiley etc but I'm definitely less open and comfortable.
I'm different in some ways. If I'm depressed or angry because of a domestic dispute or whatever, people will see that I'm angry, sure. But in general I'm tougher around strangers, cuddly with siblings, neater and organised and bossy around others, slob at home lol
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm different around different people tbh. Wouldn't say I'm shy with strangers as I'm v chatty and smiley etc but I'm definitely less open and comfortable.

That's totally ok if like everyone says no. Issa survey.
I'm quiet if I'm with strangers or just people I don't know that well.

If I'm with family or friends, on the whole I'm a little more talkative.
The most outgoing I am is online :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Like....are you real chatty and goofy with family but quiet and shy or tough with strangers? Vice versa? Or are you the same? If you're different, is it intentional?

nvm
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6

I think Iโ€™m quite chatty and goofy with my friends and often quiet at home.
I'm myself everywhere except work lol.
Original post by periodt
I think Iโ€™m quite chatty and goofy with my friends and often quiet at home.

same....why is that
Original post by Ciel.
nvm

...๐Ÿ™„ lol
Reply 10
personality wise I'm the same, I'm just louder at home and outside I'm kinda reserved and quieter when by myself, even around friends I'm not as loud cos of anxiety.
I'm a lot more weird and comfortable at home, I'm relatively quiet otherwise. Been trying to be a bit more confident though.
Reply 12
...๐Ÿ™„ lol

i kept making typos and got frustrated with myself lol
Original post by SnowMiku
I'm quiet if I'm with strangers or just people I don't know that well.

If I'm with family or friends, on the whole I'm a little more talkative.
The most outgoing I am is online :biggrin:

:toofunny:

I'm 10x more argumentative on here. Most real life fights happen after a long overdue blow up. I'm usually so *****y like... Someone IDK or don't like waves or say hi, I look at them and don't say anything lol or I'm like "hi? :s-smilie:" you can't fight that, u just :getmecoat: like.
Original post by Ciel.
i kept making typos and got frustrated with myself lol

Less Val, pal lol
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm a lot more weird and comfortable at home, I'm relatively quiet otherwise. Been trying to be a bit more confident though.

I seeeee, so u must be comfortable around family. I'm trying to determine if people more comfortable around family are subconsciously shy around strangers and vice versa....
Original post by Allie4
personality wise I'm the same, I'm just louder at home and outside I'm kinda reserved and quieter when by myself, even around friends I'm not as loud cos of anxiety.

I see, so you're opposite! Lol loud at home, quiet outside....

Hmmmmmm.......like I said to Midge, trying to see if people are naturally opposite. Trying to make sense of myself...trying to...do better...trying to figure out where to put my energy. Got into the filthiest row with my mum over money...yet I determinedly bite my tongue at work....
I should be opposite if it's necessary. I should bite my tongue with my mum? Even when she's wrong? And go off on others..?? Dunnooooooooo
I seeeee, so u must be comfortable around family. I'm trying to determine if people more comfortable around family are subconsciously shy around strangers and vice versa....

I don't live with my family, 'tis only my fiance. I'm probably still a bit reserved around family sometimes too, but I suspect that I'm just trying to be polite since it isn't my house. Interesting to look into though :tongue:
same....why is that

strange isnโ€™t it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Quick Reply

Latest