The Student Room Group

How long do you think the UK will be in lockdown?

I can't imagine the UK being like this for months on end... I think in about a month's time, things will slowly start to go back to normal.

Scroll to see replies

13 weeks average > I reckon around 16 like other places are
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mapleservers
13 weeks average > I reckon around 16 like other places are

I don't see anyone putting up with this for that long. The british public don't like being told when to go out and stay in much.
Original post by Bio 7
I don't see anyone putting up with this for that long. The british public don't like being told when to go out and stay in much.

Sadly it’s hard as it’s life or death situation. Bare minimum will be 4/5 weeks
A month? I doubt it.
Reply 6
3 months minimum.
I say that things will start to be relaxed in 3 weeks (the minimum period for the lockdown) if the lockdown is adhered to and cases are falling.

If case numbers continue to increase, I say 6-8 weeks.
I'm hoping a month but horrible feeling it will be 2 months at least especially if people keep ignoring the rules.
As in strict lockdown? Probably another month or so.
As in school closures and social distancing? I can see 3-5 more months.
Reply 10
We're not in lockdown.
I think probably about 3, months.
It depends how quickly people listen and when restrictions start loosening how quickly people take advantage.
3 months minimum
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
at least 6 weeks.

i really don't think people will put up with it for months and months. i went food shopping today and on the way back decided to just sit on a bench in the town centre for a couple of hours. i can't take being cooped up inside all day!

plenty of police were patrolling but they never bothered me..
Reply 16

No, we are not. It is very close to one, but not one.

We are free to leave the house. People are going to work. We are not locked down.
At least 10 weeks I reckon, social distancing: maybe at least another 5 months
3 weeks.
Original post by Bio 7

I don’t think what we put up with matters very much in the grander scheme of things. Ppl need to stop being so stubborn

Quick Reply

Latest