The Student Room Group

Prince Charles has the Coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Why does this remind me of the cheese touch.... :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Bang Outta Order
What. The point is that every old person on the planet wasn't subpoenaed to the hospital and tested...nor simply for being old. It's either false propaganda that he got it, or he got special treatment lol

The criteria for testing is based on age and medical conditions. Prince Charles had symptoms, met the criteria and was tested.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Most speculations arent conspiracies.

No, but they are bs.
Original post by Surnia
The criteria for testing is based on age and medical conditions. Prince Charles had symptoms, met the criteria and was tested.

After travelling from London to Scotland after the nation was locked-down...
I expect the criteria for testing is also £ where you cna buy one privately.
In any event its good he was tested as it would be really bad if the Queen caught it.
Plus a 21 year old dies from it today with no underlying issues
Original post by 999tigger
In any event its good he was tested as it would be really bad if the Queen caught it.

What would the consequences be if the Queen got it, I assume quite a big effect given her power but I'm not aware of the specifics.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
What would the consequences be if the Queen got it, I assume quite a big effect given her power but I'm not aware of the specifics.

Nothing as she has very little power, although imo she is well respected and for the limited role she plays then she adds an amount of stability and continuity to the nation.
Diana from heaven:

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Tenacity Deshad
Plus a 21 year old dies from it today with no underlying issues

Until there's been an autopsy it's no apparent underlying issues.
I hope he knows how to boil an egg. Maybe he's watching videos showing the process and explaining things like putting toast in a toaster.
Reply 31
Original post by Drewski
It's neither. He's in the at risk category, and showed symptoms. Anybody else in the same situation would get the same reaction.

Most things aren't conspiracies.

I am confused. Being in the at risk category does not warrant getting tested even with symptoms if you do not require hospital admission:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-initial-investigation-of-possible-cases/investigation-and-initial-clinical-management-of-possible-cases-of-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-wn-cov-infection#interim-definition-possible-cases

The requirements are pyrexia and acute respiratory symptoms; nothing about being at risk. I'm confused where this has come from.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I hope he knows how to boil an egg. Maybe he's watching videos showing the process and explaining things like putting toast in a toaster.

Lol

I see what you are all saying about him being in the 70+ group therefore making him vulnerable, but what about all the NHS staff, carers, supermarket staff and everyone else putting their lives at risk to keep society running, all the while the Royal Family sit in their palace drinking tea and eating crumpets. It’s not fair.
There are plenty of vulnerable people in the UK who won’t be tested for Coronavirus who are actually helping our society run and are critical for combatting the virus. Change my mind.
Reply 33
Very interesting to observe that this disease can affect anyone. It’s not just a disease of the lower and working classes, the heir presumptive to the British throne has been confirmed positive. The virus is impacting all areas of society.
Original post by Deggs_14
Very interesting to observe that this disease can affect anyone. It’s not just a disease of the lower and working classes, the heir presumptive to the British throne has been confirmed positive. The virus is impacting all areas of society.

I see what you’re saying, but surely testing people in the sectors I mentioned above is just as, if not more, important. Lots of workplaces are understaffed as people have symptoms for what might not even be the Coronavirus. If we start doing tests on these people, maybe we can combat it better by sending more staff back to work. Besides, I love the monarchy and all, but it’s not like they have a critical role in the country. We should be putting our focus to the people working really hard to try and stop the virus.
Reply 35
Original post by Fullofsurprises

What makes you think HRH is that out of touch?
Original post by MrMusician95
Agreed, but as I said, what happens when the lockdown ends and restrictions are loosened? The only way to ensure another huge outbreak doesn't happen is testing.

But testing everyone once won't be enough. You'd have to test, then test again in a few days (as you wouldn't test positive the day of exposure, for example). Then there will be germs around from people who tested negative last time, but since came into contact with someone who tested negative just before being infected .. honestly, to be sure, you'd have to test pretty much daily. Do you really think it's plausible or affordable to hand out that many tests?
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Diana from heaven:

underrated :lol:
Original post by Ferrograd
Yeh, they re doing antibody tests to assert who has had it and will start to have some reesulst by the end of the week from what I've heard. Why does it have to be charles though, he's the only one of them I actually like

Charles is sensible and will fight it off.

I can remember when I had cancer at the age of 39 and I had thought up an idea for a charity. I wrote to Prince Charles and he sent me a lovely letter (in which he said "I feel for you deeply" - the deeply underlined) and a bouquet of flowers which filled almost half of my living room. He organised an introduction to the head of his charity Breakthough Breast Cancer. The idea came to nothing, but I will never forget how he tried to help.
Original post by 999tigger

There isn't any private testing currently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending