The Student Room Group

May june 2020 qualifications

So will there be mock exams or just estimations with evidence🤔🤔
Original post by Shock Hunter
So will there be mock exams or just estimations with evidence🤔🤔

Teachers should consider evidence including performance on mock exams and non-exam assessment.

Ofqual said “clear guidance on how to do this fairly and robustly this will be provided to schools and colleges”.

“The exam boards will then combine this information with other relevant data, including prior attainment, and use this information to produce a calculated grade for each student, which will be a best assessment of the work they have put in.”

All found at https://schoolsweek.co.uk/ofqual-reveals-how-it-will-provide-grades-for-pupils-this-summer/
Original post by saltytablet
Teachers should consider evidence including performance on mock exams and non-exam assessment.

Ofqual said “clear guidance on how to do this fairly and robustly this will be provided to schools and colleges”.

“The exam boards will then combine this information with other relevant data, including prior attainment, and use this information to produce a calculated grade for each student, which will be a best assessment of the work they have put in.”

All found at https://schoolsweek.co.uk/ofqual-reveals-how-it-will-provide-grades-for-pupils-this-summer/

So no mocks on the side to worry about

For international students 🤔

If there were ‘mocks’ it would be done at home anyway so nothing to worry about.
If the school want to assess you more, I assume it would be giving you like more past papers and stuff to complete for more evidence on why you should get that grade
I think it’s highly unlikely they’d give you mocks at home to complete and use that to help you determine your grade. It’s quite easy to just look up mark schemes for past papers and get high marks on papers while still making it look like your own work, especially since it’d be online, there’d be no regulation whatsoever. You shouldn’t stress about it because what’s done is done and your grades will most likely be determined from past mocks and past exams in class, (also they mention “past attainment” based on the copious amount of data exam boards have on you, in which case i think they’re talking about GCSE’s?)
Alrighty thanks people 😊 heard CIE is giving an update today. What about edexcel
Alrighty thanks people 😊 heard CIE is giving an update today. What about edexcel

What was the CIE update?
Original post by rainbowstar00
What was the CIE update?

Not released yet. Last update was about giving grades based on evidence from teachers because as u know exams were cancelled
Reply 9
But our mocks were supposed to be on the 12th of April and I didn’t do any quizzes through oh the year (I only did an exam in December and it included only 3 or 4 chapters). How will they grade me?!?!
Original post by ola.m
But our mocks were supposed to be on the 12th of April and I didn’t do any quizzes through oh the year (I only did an exam in December and it included only 3 or 4 chapters). How will they grade me?!?!

Either a mock they will decide when to be taken or according to previous marks from ur teacher with evidence. I hope its not the first choice and that’s what im willing to know.

Quick Reply

Latest