The Student Room Group

Life is Unfair

Let it go, forget it forever and ever
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wow, your so young....

Wait until you move out on your own, and find out how really unfair it is.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Wow, your so young....

Wait until you move out on your own, and find out how really unfair it is.

I can envision it, guy. I probably won't make it to that stage.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
First World privilege.
Yeah, although life is unfair for more reasons than this.

Deffo agree with 1 and 3. 2 and 4 is more complicated for me
I think the first three are minor compared with the pandemic we have, or even the daily trials many people in the world have, who even without the pandemic, do not know whether they can afford things such as food and basic shelter.

At least 90% of the UK are better off than the majority of the world.
Original post by Titanium_Horses
Trust me, I'm not privileged. Before the whole coronavirus crisis, the only time I went out was for college, I had no friends, my parents gave my siblings anything that they wanted but refuse all my requests, even though I was only asking for basic things. The list will never end. Thank you.

In college, I'm studying ****ty a levels.

If you live in western europe, USA, canada, aus, nz, japan, south korea and maybe a few others I've forgotten you absolutely are "privileged", and I don't mean this in the stupid SJW way. We all forget how hard the rest of the world has it.
Original post by 6ix9ine4life
If you live in western europe, USA, canada, aus, nz, japan, south korea and maybe a few others I've forgotten you absolutely are "privileged", and I don't mean this in the stupid SJW way. We all forget how hard the rest of the world has it.

Fair point, I just wish I could give my life to someone else because they'd make better use of it.
My Opinions:

1) GCSE predictions shouldn't be based on SATS - it's old, out of date data
2) You shouldn't have to pay for tooth extractions or root canals
3) Sometimes, teachers can be blamed for your poor academic performance
4) Abortion can't always be justified. There are other options such as being a surrogate mother or adoption

What do you think? I don't want to fight.

1. GCSE predictions are based on pseudo science. If they were based on SATS they would likely be much more accurate.
2. It’s around £50 for a tooth extraction. I call that a bargain.
3. Perhaps. But at the same time, even poor teachers get good results from some kids. So who is responsible for that?
4. Whatever!
Reply 9
My Opinions:

Then on what?

Why not? Why should the tax payer have to fork out for people not looking after their teeth?

They are, routinely.

4) Abortion can't always be justified. There are other options such as being a surrogate mother or adoption

More often than not there arent enough people to do that. Not to mention that completely ignores the nine months of misery you're inflicting on someone and quite literally reducing them to not but a reproductive unit.
Reply 10
Original post by 6ix9ine4life

And whose fault is that? Why should people in the aforementioned countries be made to feel guilty?
Original post by Napp
And whose fault is that? Why should people in the aforementioned countries be made to feel guilty?

Exactly. God bless, you're going to heaven.

I want to explain number 2 in further detail. Sometimes parents don't encourage their children to brush their teeth. Hence, they do not brush their teeth. They do not understand how essential brushing their teeth. Why should they suffer due to their parents' bad parenting? This is what I mean, I don't think everyone should get this privilege.
Reply 13

I want to explain number 2 in further detail. Sometimes parents don't encourage their children to brush their teeth. Hence, they do not brush their teeth. They do not understand how essential brushing their teeth. Why should they suffer due to their parents' bad parenting? This is what I mean, I don't think everyone should get this privilege.

Because its more than a touch impractical going through every potential patients entire history to uncover this.
Case in point being life isnt fair i'm afraid.
Reply 14

As the kid gets older they are told in school to brush twice a day and should take it upon themselves to then make it into a habit.
Original post by Napp

They shouldn't, it's pathetic to moan about life here when it is so ridiculously easy though imo.
Original post by ByEeek
1. GCSE predictions are based on pseudo science. If they were based on SATS they would likely be much more accurate.
2. It’s around £50 for a tooth extraction. I call that a bargain.
3. Perhaps. But at the same time, even poor teachers get good results from some kids. So who is responsible for that?
4. Whatever!

GCSE predictions are based on sats because my private school didn't do sats and I didn't have GCSE predictions in some subjects for years they're linked a tiny bit
well I say its WAY more unfair that you kids get almost a whole YEAR off school. spare a thought for us former bullied kids who prayed daily for something to happen so that we had an excuse to skip school but it never did. I HATE the fact that every school and college kid gets to stay in bed. urghhh why oh why couldn't this have happened for me, i would have LOVED every second.
Original post by goggleyed
well I say its WAY more unfair that you kids get almost a whole YEAR off school. spare a thought for us former bullied kids who prayed daily for something to happen so that we had an excuse to skip school but it never did. I HATE the fact that every school and college kid gets to stay in bed. urghhh why oh why couldn't this have happened for me, i would have LOVED every second.

Well, I need my teachers because without them I'm probably going fail my A levels next year. It's hard to teach yourself content. All students are panicking. How are we going to get grades? My heart goes out to the Year 11 and 13 students.
My Opinions:

What do you think? I don't want to fight.

You think life is unfair now? you ain't seen nothing yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending