The Student Room Group

What's something from your childhood that would stun children of today?

Scroll to see replies

you poor soul
Trisha Goddard :moon: Better than the hot mess that is Vanessa who followed.
The rag and bone man coming down the road with his horse and cart.
Having to both remember telephone numbers and summon up enough courage to ring the house phone of a girl you might in interested in and having to speak to her dad ::afraid:

Also, if you made too many phone calls to said girl, your parents might put this on the phone:

hqdefault-2.jpg
Never knew it still went on. I can only recall a couple of occasions when I was very young.
Reply 25
Original post by ghostwalker
The rag and bone man coming down the road with his horse and cart.

They still do today
Actually cool toys like bionicles before they got dumbed down into 'hero factory' :nothing:
Yes omg!! 2007 was such a good year for bionicle, we had the creeps from the deeps and then we had the toa mahri which were both badass :biggrin:
Omg Polly pocket :rofl: I was very much a tomboy but embarrassingly I had a purple Polly pocket mobile :getmecoat:
Social media was MSN, Bebo and for those of us that liked music, Myspace.

You couldn't use the landline and internet at the same time.
Going to the shop to buy things rather than ordering everything online.
We played outside, not on consoles. We went and built dens and climbed trees and rode bikes, and we came home as late as we were possibly allowed. Those light summer nights were just the most amazing times.
Original post by FemaleinDress
I would say
Not being able to use Netflix.

None I am still I kid
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
We played outside, not on consoles. We went and built dens and climbed trees and rode bikes, and we came home as late as we were possibly allowed. Those light summer nights were just the most amazing times.

Heck yeah people born in 2010 and beyond did not have a true childhood...
Reply 33
GG Allin
Green tomato ketchup and yellow baked beans. :yucky:
Looked, smelt and tasted foul.
Original post by gjd800
GG Allin

I have a feeling his antics wouldn't shock the kids of today who exist in a world of over exposure; they look up to "rappers" who tattoo their face, have rainbow coloured hair and regularly overdose on Xanax and Fentanyl. A little blood and excrement wouldn't shock anybody these days.

terrible music though
Stun grenades.

Quick Reply

Latest