The Student Room Group

Scar

I had a spot on my chest and it popped on it’s own but left a scar, I’ve used bio oil for ages but it’s done nothing. The scar is very red and thin and has left a dent in my skin. It is really upsetting as you can see it. How could I get rid of it?
As far as I know, a scar is a scar and cannot be hidden. I don't know if others could help you with an advice on how to hide a scar, but I can say you that if you're not able to hide it, that shouldn't be a big deal. The redness should go away soon enough.
I probably have more scars in my body than my closest family members combined, and I don't care. I cannot care, It would feel horrible if I cared about that.

I tried to hide two of my smallest ones, but achieved nothing. If you end up hiding it, just let me know :tongue:.
Reply 2
Original post by Serval36
As far as I know, a scar is a scar and cannot be hidden. I don't know if others could help you with an advice on how to hide a scar, but I can say you that if you're not able to hide it, that shouldn't be a big deal. The redness should go away soon enough.
I probably have more scars in my body than my closest family members combined, and I don't care. I cannot care, It would feel horrible if I cared about that.

I tried to hide two of my smallest ones, but achieved nothing. If you end up hiding it, just let me know :tongue:.

Thanks. It’s just annoying as I’m so pale and when I tan it makes the redness worse.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I had a spot on my chest and it popped on it’s own but left a scar, I’ve used bio oil for ages but it’s done nothing. The scar is very red and thin and has left a dent in my skin. It is really upsetting as you can see it. How could I get rid of it?

How long has it been? Sometimes marks from injuries, spots etc can take weeks or months to fade but will eventually go away completely or be far less noticeable.
Even if it does end up as a permanent scar it's okay. All people are a mess of marks, scars lumps and bumps. I'm guessing you're still young and don't have many, but it's not a big deal I promise. Even models have marks and scars. Nobody is a perfect canvas and everyone's body changes over time and where new marks. It's just part of life.
Original post by Kindred
How long has it been? Sometimes marks from injuries, spots etc can take weeks or months to fade but will eventually go away completely or be far less noticeable.
Even if it does end up as a permanent scar it's okay. All people are a mess of marks, scars lumps and bumps. I'm guessing you're still young and don't have many, but it's not a big deal I promise. Even models have marks and scars. Nobody is a perfect canvas and everyone's body changes over time and where new marks. It's just part of life.

Yeah, tome of them I remember becoming less noticeable with time. In about 6 months was much less visible. I have one that is about 16cm (6 inches) big, so even now that is less noticeable than before, you can still see it clearly so, if it's a spot... don't worry too much. It can always be worse. But it will become much less noticeable in a few months.

Over-the-counter skin medications such as creams or gels can help. If your scar is itchy or sensitive, antihistamine cream may stop the itch while helping your scar heal. Corticosteroid cream can help prevent scarring and has been shown to reduce the appearance of scars over time.
Thanks for the like!
If it doesn't work, let me know.
Original post by BeautifulQueen
Thanks for the like!
If it doesn't work, let me know.

All my scars are from a long time ago, a few years now. So all of them are perfectly healed. Most of them are in places where cannot be seen easily or are very small, so I'm not worried about that. Thank you for the advice anyway, I hope the OP finds that useful.
All my scars are from a long time ago, a few years now. So all of them are perfectly healed. Most of them are in places where cannot be seen easily or are very small, so I'm not worried about that. Thank you for the advice anyway, I hope the OP finds that useful.

Last year in April I got I big cut on my thumb. Accident with martial arts. I still have it but it's slowly fading. I never used any creams. It's NOT self harm. That would be stupid.
Last year in April I got I big cut on my thumb. Accident with martial arts. I still have it but it's slowly fading. I never used any creams. It's NOT self harm. That would be stupid.

None of mine are from self harm, two of them are because two accidents when I was a kid and the other 7 ones from a few surgeries.
None of mine are from self harm, two of them are because two accidents when I was a kid and the other 7 ones from a few surgeries.

That's fine. I understand. Where on the body are they located?
That's fine. I understand. Where on the body are they located?

2 of them (the biggest one too) in the chest and another one on the wrist because of an open-heart surgery, one of them in the chin, another one on the forehead, below the eyebrow (so it's not visible), both of them because I fell off when I was a kid. And another four behind the ears because of another surgery.

It's possible that I'll need another heart surgery in a few years, I hope it won't be necessary, so I won't try to hide it until I'm sure that I won't need another surgery or I have it, because I don't care that much about the scar. Luckily, when I'm dressed, only those behind my ears and the one in the wrist are visible. So I don't have the necessity to hide them.

I've got loads of scars all over my arms and they've all faded now, they're a bit more noticeable when I'm tanned but there's not much chance of that happening in this country
Original post by Kindred

I’ve had it since October and the skin is really think and red.

Quick Reply

Latest