The Student Room Group

Laptop on Amazon

I've ordered a laptop from Amazon for half price and it says it will be delivered this by this Saturday. It's dispatched and they took they money. So basically it's confirmed. Can they cancel it? And if they do can i do something for it by low? Please tell me guys!
Reply 1
Wait so do you want to cancel it?
If its already dispatched and you don't want it, don't accept the delivery when it comes. I think amazon refunds you the money (don't quote me on this)
Also check the persons returns policy, there should be returns, since its amazon?

If you still want it, then its probs coming on Saturday. If it doesn't come, contact the seller or amazon.
Reply 2
No i want the laptop
Reply 3
Original post by Donald96
No i want the laptop

If it says dispatched, that means its confirmed and will come to you by Saturday :smile:
Reply 4
What if they cancel it ? Because i ordered half price! What can i do ? can i refer to someone to get help? I mean what can i do by the law to them?
Reply 5
What if they cancel it ? Because i ordered half price! What can i do ? can i refer to someone to get help? I mean what can i do by the law to them?

They can't cancel it if they have already dispatched it, as they no longer have hold of the item and it is already in delivery.
If they do cancel it somehow then you will be refunded your money.
Refunds would take up to several days, but you'd still get your money back. Don't worry !
(If not, you can always contact Amazon, but its highly unlikely that you would need to)
Reply 6
Except the refund, can i get something else?
Reply 7

Not sure what you mean, something else instead of the laptop?
Reply 8

So you want the laptop but also want to cancel it? Can you be clearer on exactly what you want from this?
Is there a clear and obvious reason for it being half priced?

For example because it's a refurbished used laptop, in which case the price may well not be a bargain at all and it may well be over-priced for what it is.

Or it's an old, out of date model, in which case it might also be a bit overpriced for what it is.

Or maybe the original price that they are claiming the laptop sold at is being over exaggerated by them. For example they've sold you a laptop with an i3 CPU, and a mechanical hard drive that is half price compared to the i7 CPU with the 512 GB SSD option on that laptop.

Are you prepared to state the exact make and model and options (screen, hard drive, CPU, RAM, any graphics card) and condition of the laptop you've bought and the price you've paid for it?

If the worst happens and they cancel it, you should get all your money back.
Then you'll have a nice little challenge of finding a laptop that's even more suited to your needs for less price than what you paid for the cancelled laptop. There's a good chance that you can do this with the right knowledge and advice.
Original post by Bio 7
So you want the laptop but also want to cancel it? Can you be clearer on exactly what you want from this?

I think OP is being unnecessarily paranoid that because they got the laptop at "half price" they think Amazon will consider it a mistake and try to stop them getting the laptop. And then they're asking if they do get a refund, can they instead get another product (presumably a laptop) instead of a refund.
I've ordered a laptop from Amazon for half price and it says it will be delivered this by this Saturday. It's dispatched and they took they money. So basically it's confirmed. Can they cancel it?

Technically yes, they could cancel it. If it's been dispatched but is not yet out for delivery then it's still in a warehouse and they could cancel. the question is why would they, it's not at all in Amazon's interest to cancel sales.

And if they do can i do something for it by law?

Very unlikely. I'm not sure what law you'd think is broken if Amazon cancelled the order, there are plenty of legitimate reasons they could need to do that. But it's irrelevant, since it won't get that far.

What if they cancel it ? Because i ordered half price!

If the pricing was a mistake they'll correct the listing and it's possible they cancel the order. It's also possible they'll uphold the sale. What you need to realise though is that a product being half price does not mean the listing was in error and you weren't supposed to buy it. The laptop could have been old stock they're trying to shift. The price could have been inflated so that half price looks like a great offer but you're really paying what you'd normally pay.

Well it's your money, you can get anything you like with it. Whether Amazon were willing to swap the refund for a product of similar cost is a discussion you'd need to have with them. I personally wouldn't bother having that discussion, it'd be easier to get the refund and just use the money to buy something else since it'll be automated. But again, it won't get this far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending