The Student Room Group

A Chinese girl's opinin about the coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realitysreflexx
Your opportunity to save humanity, would have been by containing the virus, and guarding it's health. You failed humanity in allowing the infection to spread, how do you not understand that. Finally take some responsibility and apologise.

You guys are all treating her as if she represents the entire Chinese government. It's not her fault, its the governments. In what way is any of this outbreak her fault?
Original post by Wuxinyu
It is true that I am not the government, I am not supposed to and I do not want to speak for the government, I have just stated my personal opinions as a Chinese girl about the whole event, and I did not tend to argue with you as argues with no end is not my style and is not sth obey the HUMANITY ! I have no obligation to answer your post and to verify sth with no effect. thanks for understanding

The important question is do you justify and condone their actions? Do you like the way they imprison Muslims in re education camps? Do you like the way they silenced doctors warning earlier of the outbreak of the corona virus.
I'm not blaming you for the government's choices just interested to know.
Let's not turn on eachother.

Don't be a **** then.
She's gloating, and may be a government agent. Who knows at this point. 😂 😂 With the Internet police about in China.

haha, I am an agent? you can look through my previous posts , I am just an IAL student who is planning to study abroad, that is too amusing, ok, conversation ends now.
Original post by DiddyDec
Don't be a **** then.

Created in December 2019...hmm...interesting...now becomes active in a situation where China feels it can improve it's image, in sending supplies around the world.
And this horrible video:

https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1238457755415064576?s=20

Pure Chinese Propoganda
Original post by karl pilkington
you mean emigrated hun

Emigrated from there, immigrated here
Created in December 2019...hmm...interesting...now becomes active in a situation where China feels it can improve it's image, in sending supplies around the world.
And this horrible video:

https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1238457755415064576?s=20

Pure Chinese Propoganda

You are the only person spreading **** in this thread. I has already asked you to stop once.

Please keep it civil.
you are such a mug she is probably paid by the CCP to spread propaganda online how many people do you know from China named 'Kelly'?

Most Chinese people who have contact with westerners pick an English name as well - presumably because we are useless at remembering Chinese ones. It's been the case for years.
I don't really care anyway I am a patriot and I have no time for people who care more about other people than their own fellow Brit. This could kill 30000 British people and have they offered an apology or any assistance? (the answer is no)
Original post by Roseyr1119-20
no one asked for you opinion i wanted to my gcses regardless what !

You will get your GCSE grades. Exam boards are determined to make sure that the lack of exams won't change that. There are people dying from the virus and that's terrible for everyone, but it's unfair to blame people for things that they are in no way responsible for
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't really care anyway I am a patriot and I have no time for people who care more about other people than their own fellow Brit. This could kill 30000 British people and have they offered an apology or any assistance? (the answer is no)

Well, I understand your worry about British people, the death of people in China is even more, it is true this disease comes from my country, and WE SHOULD BE BLAMED logically, but the most essential thing is , all people around the world should try to tackle the problem instead of let who should apologise, who takes the duty. I start this discussion in order to warn everybody to wear masks and face the situation, because I know in Britain, which is a beautiful country I have been to, and is where I am planning to study at uni, your priminister Boris said you should not control the virus, and consequently the whole population will build the antibodies to against this virus, I was shocked, so I posted this thread, because one of my relative who lives in Manchester has been teased because she worn masks. I did not mean to blame your government, and I will not mind if you guys regard me as an agency, or a person affected by propaganda.
for what you said about assistance, I have no idea what it is like, but I do know Japan, which is also seriously effected by virus, we offered them helps in drug testing and share some experience , vice versa. as well as some other countries, but it is fine if you do not believe or think it is fake.
I have to reclaim that I post this thread for relighting everybody's awareness, and wear masks when you guys go out .I do not want to speak for or boast the government or whatever, but it is fine if you guys really do not trust me. also, there wil be no antibodies, it is death.
this is the last thread I post in this discussion, thank u
Original post by Wuxinyu
Hi, guys, I am Kelly from China! How is everything going in your countries?
the situation really improved a lot here in my country, many cities have no people infected now, but we are still being locked down just in case. though we are locked down, in my city not so many people are infected so we can go out if we want.(but actually few people go out unless they have to buy sth!)
I just heard some countries have some kind of discrimination about people wearing masks.....actually all the people who go outside are wearing masks in China now, even in some places all of those who wear masks are actually not infected! We just use it to protect ourselves, it is not a symbol that we are infected by the virus!
What do your guys think and do you wear masks when you go out?
I just want to state that not all the people you see on the street, who are wearing masks, are patients, they just try to protect themselves.And I am pretty sad when I heard about the news that some Asians are teased just because they are wearing MASKS!
you know it might be cultural differences, my grandma and even some younger people wearing masks before this disease quite often. And I know Japanese always wear masks when they go out if they do not have make ups, it is just their habit, and respect to others, not the sign that everybody should stay away from them.
I am happy if you have any questions about the situation in my country, and I would like to share some local data and news if you want.Some news we see on social media may not be entire true, like what I saw that people posted on some other forums. u know we should think critically about different sorts of information.
I am an international student who is studying IAL, and am happy to make friends in TSR. thanks,xxx

I don't have any questions, I'm sorry people have been ****s about this whole thing.
I don't have any questions, I'm sorry people have been ****s about this whole thing.

it is fine, I do not mind at all.:wink:
Original post by stereotypeasian
she is not the government

Exactly
I'm sorry people have been ****s about this whole thing.

I'm sorry too @Wuxinyu I hope you realise that most people reading this thread will know that you posted it with good intentions. I think it will closed soon because of the racism expressed towards you not because of anything you said wrong
Original post by Wuxinyu
Well, I understand your worry about British people, the death of people in China is even more, it is true this disease comes from my country, and WE SHOULD BE BLAMED logically, but the most essential thing is , all people around the world should try to tackle the problem instead of let who should apologise, who takes the duty. I start this discussion in order to warn everybody to wear masks and face the situation, because I know in Britain, which is a beautiful country I have been to, and is where I am planning to study at uni, your priminister Boris said you should not control the virus, and consequently the whole population will build the antibodies to against this virus, I was shocked, so I posted this thread, because one of my relative who lives in Manchester has been teased because she worn masks. I did not mean to blame your government, and I will not mind if you guys regard me as an agency, or a person affected by propaganda.
for what you said about assistance, I have no idea what it is like, but I do know Japan, which is also seriously effected by virus, we offered them helps in drug testing and share some experience , vice versa. as well as some other countries, but it is fine if you do not believe or think it is fake.
I have to reclaim that I post this thread for relighting everybody's awareness, and wear masks when you guys go out .I do not want to speak for or boast the government or whatever, but it is fine if you guys really do not trust me. also, there wil be no antibodies, it is death.
this is the last thread I post in this discussion, thank u

I'm so sorry you're getting such rude replies from people. There's a lot of sinophobia here in the UK. From what I've seen, a lot of people are using the virus as an excuse to be outwardly racist now. It's beyond disgraceful. Call these people what they are; racists.

Yes, China could've acted far sooner. But look at ourselves; we really can't talk. There is no perfect response to an outbreak; even South Korea which is doing extremely well so far still has room for improvement.

A pandemic was due to happen. For it to start in China, it bought Europe and the US time to prepare. What did we do? We did nothing, all whilst playing the blame game. Even when the virus was right on our doorstep, our government decided it was "just a flu," planned to create "herd immunity" by infecting almost the whole population, and when things did start to get bad, Boris told us to "prepare for our loved ones to die." Disgusting.

If it takes China, South Korea, and Italy full-country lockdowns and quarantines to even begin to control the outbreak, then we are no exception. Boris does know this; he just cares far more about money than people's lives. We were given a warning well in advance of what was to come and still did nothing. Schools and pubs have only just been closed - too little too late. Honestly, I'm terrified for my elderly relatives living here. I'm also terrified for some of my friends who are East Asian. Pretty much all of them have experienced racism and hatred from other people in school because of the virus. Chinese people have been attacked, both verbally and physically, because of the virus. It disgusts me how stupid and hateful people can be.

Did we hate on and attack Americans when they "brought over" Swine Flu? Did we hate on the people who "brought over" the coronavirus from Italy? Would we hate on, say, Italy, if a pandemic had started there instead? If the virus doesn't kill us, hatred and racism will.
(edited 4 years ago)
What
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
How does it feel to know that your government tried to silence the doctors who wanted to report on the outbreak?

Shut up , Shes being nice
I am an international student from Singapore, and I just wanna say please stop blaming her.

It is not her fault. Did she ask for the virus? Did she ask for it to spread around the world to people? Did she ask to be born in China? Was it her fault?

I can understand a few of you might be angry at Chinese people because your life/goals has been disrupted due to the coronavirus. You guys are innocent and I certainly don’t blame you guys for being mad. But what about her? Isn’t she innocent as well? Yes, she is from China, she is Chinese, but she is not the government.

Of course, I don’t think it is right for China to cover up things and also them locking up the Muslims in concentration camps. But I certainly don’t think it is right to be racist and rude towards anyone either.

There will always be both good and bad people from the same country, holding the same passport and being in the same religion. One doesn’t represent the rest. :smile:
My A levels have been cancelled Kelly and my future is in jeopardy. Thanks for asking.
Hi, I'm from Hong Kong.
It is actually depressing to see that people all over the world are blaming Chinese (not the ccp lol) for the virus and there have been heartbreaking discrimination towards Chinese as well as other Asians.
I think TSR may be a good platform to communicate and exchange ideas for worldwide issues between people with different cultural backgrounds. But please be respectful.

Actually Hong Kong had been severely hurt during the SARS in 2003, so we are currently trying everything we can do, including wearing masks, avoid going outside, etc., since our government is doing nothing to protect us.
There have been infections among communities and this virus may be airborne, therefore, we and most Asian countries believe that wearing masks are the best way to protect ourselves and the people around us.

yea, so stay safe and wish you all good health :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest