The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMusician95
Yeah definitely. I just hope lockdown wasn't too little too late.

Not sure about too little but it's definitely later than they should've. Italy locked down at a stage earlier than when we locked down and look at their current situation.
Original post by jj.repinec
Not sure about too little but it's definitely later than they should've. Italy locked down at a stage earlier than when we locked down and look at their current situation.

I think it's too little. But that's not BJ's fault that's selfish Brits not listening.
Original post by TCA2b
It's a handy source, that. Quite a lot of interesting data collected on it.

Yeah it's on the first page of this thread "lists by country"
Reply 3243
I think it's too little. But that's not BJ's fault that's selfish Brits not listening.

but in every country you know Brits are thinking about themselves and not others.

that's why you lock it down.

I think he looked at Italy and Spain and then realised it's a cluster****
Original post by jj.repinec

At least in terms of the case load, it was fairly similar when they went into it, but there may be factors which mean Italy's trajectory isn't the same as Britain's.

Ah yes, not the fault of the PM who’s messages have been completely conflicting?
Original post by That Bearded Man
Ah yes, not the fault of the PM who’s messages have been completely conflicting?

It's entirely the government's fault. Johnson was part of successive Tory governments who systematically starved the NHS of funding, leaving us with one of the lowest number of ICU beds per head in the developed world. Therefore when the crisis hit, they knew they could not remotely cope with the number of likely patients, so they simply went into denial and tried to claim they didn't need to do anything. After trying that, losing more valuable time, they eventually realised they must act and began to equip the NHS properly, but they STILL aren't testing vital NHS staff and they still don't have the equipment to protect them and they still don't have the right policies in a number of important areas.

What I'm saying is, Johnson tried to be lenient to give us as much freedom as possible but selfish Brits didn't listen.

He couldn't have made it anymore clear, stay at home unless you have to work or you need to food shop, it's so simple. How can people not understand that?
What I'm saying is, Johnson tried to be lenient to give us as much freedom as possible but selfish Brits didn't listen.

Being all lenient and nicey nicey about what people had to do was exactly the wrong thing to do in this situation.
Cause it's lockdown
That's not me and it's lockdown
Ring ring Boris, it's lockdown
Coronavirus week and it's lockdown

Hope everyones alright during this tough time
Why is Italy not showing any down wood curve. Its quite worrying. You would have thought they would continue to go down but they went up in new cases and deaths today
How do you mean? Italy is showing a slowdown in the rate of cases and deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy#Timeline
Not today. They went up today in new cases and deaths. So what's the reason. Surely they should have continued going down, What is going on because I am getting really quite scared about this now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52044452/page/2
Anyone else watching Question Time?

This particularly slimy government minister is doing a sterling job of brushing over the criticisms of the government's ineptitude.
Fair play to Boris Johnson he came out and applauded the NHS
I think a 160 have died today and an extra 4000 infections. Thats a relatively significant increase from yesterday.
Original post by Pinkisk
I think a 160 have died today and an extra 4000 infections. Thats a relatively significant increase from yesterday.

115 passed away and 2,100 confirmed cases today. But it's down to a new reporting method, I think.
115 passed away and 2,100 confirmed cases today. But it's down to a new reporting method, I think.

Yesterday we had around 8000 infections and around 422 deaths. Today we have around 12 000 infections and 578 deaths.

A new reporting method? Do you have any sources on this method?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk

Yesterday we had statistics that were based over an eight hour interval. We've now got a 24 hour interval. It's an increase sure but it's not unexpected.

Latest

Trending

Trending