The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Economics graduate applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by aot04
Congrats! nothing about funding or colleges?

Nope. I honestly don't expect anything until late April
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 41
Original post by Wastra
Nope. I honestly don't expect anything until late April

do you have offers from other places?
Reply 42
Original post by aot04
do you have offers from other places?

BGSE Economics 100% tuition waiver, TSE econometrics and statistics, Oxford MPhil in Economic and Social History. I did apply to LSE albeit quite late so I haven’t heard from them yet

But I am pretty sure I will accept the Oxford Econ offer
To be honest, oxford is my only hope currently.
Reply 44
anyone got anything today? ,,, Im still waiting
Reply 45
I still haven't heard anything. To those who wrote to the department: did they get back to you? I thought that they were informing everyone of their outcome this week, but it seems as if there is still quite a few people waiting to hear.
Original post by acorne
I still haven't heard anything. To those who wrote to the department: did they get back to you? I thought that they were informing everyone of their outcome this week, but it seems as if there is still quite a few people waiting to hear.

They replied to my email from the 13th of March today...They said they will let everyone know by Monday.
Reply 47
Original post by marekb98
They replied to my email from the 13th of March today...They said they will let everyone know by Monday.

Thank you for your reply! That's useful to know. However, I am a bit worried as initially they said that they would let everyone know on the week of the 23rd, so that probably means that this is taking longer than expected. Hopefully it won't take them longer than Monday as I have a deadline for another program on that same day. Has anyone contacted them recently and heard back? I f they are taking +10 days to reply to everyone, then I don't see the sense in writing to them now.

Also, do you think that they still have acceptances to send out?
Original post by acorne
Thank you for your reply! That's useful to know. However, I am a bit worried as initially they said that they would let everyone know on the week of the 23rd, so that probably means that this is taking longer than expected. Hopefully it won't take them longer than Monday as I have a deadline for another program on that same day. Has anyone contacted them recently and heard back? I f they are taking +10 days to reply to everyone, then I don't see the sense in writing to them now.

Also, do you think that they still have acceptances to send out?

They said they transitioned to working remotely, so thats why its taking longer :smile:

I think they still have offers to hand out, otherwise they could just send rejections to all remaining applicants.

Also, as they send rejections at night, if they want to let everyone know by Monday, then they basically need to send all rejections tonight or tomorrow night (assuming they don‘t work on Saturday/Sunday), as a rejection sent on Monday would only be received by the applicant on Tuesday.
Reply 49
Original post by econstudential
They said they transitioned to working remotely, so thats why its taking longer :smile:

I think they still have offers to hand out, otherwise they could just send rejections to all remaining applicants.

Also, as they send rejections at night, if they want to let everyone know by Monday, then they basically need to send all rejections tonight or tomorrow night (assuming they don‘t work on Saturday/Sunday), as a rejection sent on Monday would only be received by the applicant on Tuesday.

Haha I like your thinking. Let's hope we get through tonight and tomorrow night safe then.

Good luck!
Original post by acorne
Haha I like your thinking. Let's hope we get through tonight and tomorrow night safe then.

Good luck!

I really hope so too - for all of us still waiting. Good luck!!! :wink:
Reply 51
I have been waiting for too long! International students from China, Holding both Duke MAE and UChicago MAPSS, I find the cost of the two programs goes too beyond my expectation (can you believe it? the tuition is 50k to 60k US dollars per year) and still hard to be admitted by an ideal PhD program. Oxford could be the most suitable one for me but I find the chance of getting enrolled trivial since I think there are few offers to be sent. Fingers crossed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Looks like most of the ones who received their offers are UK undergrad degree holders. Perhaps because of the non-requirement of GRE scores for their decisions. If any non-EU student has received an offer, please let us know.
Reply 53
Did any of you hear something today?
Original post by acorne
Did any of you hear something today?

Nope, still waiting :rolleyes:
Reply 55
Original post by marekb98

Hey dude! have you been informed of the decision? I still find my email box empty now, which gets me stressful.
Original post by nitkstudent
Has anyone here applied for the MPhil in Economic Research at University of Cambridge?
If not, have you heard about the program, and how would you compare it vis-a-vis the MPhil in Economics at University of Oxford?

Hi! I've gotten into both the MPhil at Oxford and the MPhil in economic research at Cambridge. However, I have no clue on how to compare them so If you have received any updates I would love to know.
I got accepted today. BSc in Business and Economics from University in Sweden with good grades. GRE Q169, V163, AW 4.0. TA (econ) and RA (data handling but not econ). Recommendation letters from my TA-prof, RA-prof and one more professor whose course I've attended.
Reply 58
Original post by christianolof
I got accepted today. BSc in Business and Economics from University in Sweden with good grades. GRE Q169, V163, AW 4.0. TA (econ) and RA (data handling but not econ). Recommendation letters from my TA-prof, RA-prof and one more professor whose course I've attended.

Big Congrats! Can you share the time that you received the email? There seems to a pattern that they send offers between 5pm and 7pm UK time and send rejections at 2am
Original post by zkxu
Big Congrats! Can you share the time that you received the email? There seems to a pattern that they send offers between 5pm and 7pm UK time and send rejections at 2am

Thanks! I got the e-mail at 2:10 PM UK-time. Sorry to break your pattern hehe :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending