The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Maths project

I am trying to find an interesting postgraduate Mathematics project topic, not difficult too, it supposes to be only project proposal for now around 3000 words, I searched the internet these are some topics which interest me but are they good enough? The history of Mathematics, Algebra, Greek maths theory and inventions, maths in time

Thanks
Original post by meme12
I am trying to find an interesting postgraduate Mathematics project topic, not difficult too, it supposes to be only project proposal for now around 3000 words, I searched the internet these are some topics which interest me but are they good enough? The history of Mathematics, Algebra, Greek maths theory and inventions, maths in time

Thanks

Well they're good enough to make you a professor!
do you like statistics and probability ? if yes try to use the COVID19 outbreak data and do some variance math to come up with future predictions. This will be really interesting as its current affairs now. Let me know if you need any support
Reply 3
Original post by cyberviral
do you like statistics and probability ? if yes try to use the COVID19 outbreak data and do some variance math to come up with future predictions. This will be really interesting as its current affairs now. Let me know if you need any support

This is a good idea, I don't really like statistics I am more algebra calculus person, but thanks I can definitely think about that
Reply 4
Original post by BeautifulQueen
Well they're good enough to make you a professor!

Haha you think
Original post by meme12
Haha you think

Yes!
You can also become famous if you're also good at physics.
Reply 6
Original post by meme12
This is a good idea, I don't really like statistics I am more algebra calculus person, but thanks I can definitely think about that

the relationship between age/underlying condition and getting the virus
Original post by meme12
the relationship between age/underlying condition and getting the virus

yes. that is a wonderful metrics. But do you have the real data ? where are you going to get the data. if you do not have the data, then make up something and see if you can come up with some prediction method.
Reply 8
Original post by cyberviral
yes. that is a wonderful metrics. But do you have the real data ? where are you going to get the data. if you do not have the data, then make up something and see if you can come up with some prediction method.

The data online but it's rapidly changing
Where is the raw data. please share the link.

This is what I am using for my modal.
https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases
Reply 10
are you doing a project ?
Nothing academic. I am an entrepreneur trying to come up with something new. So far all dead ends.
Reply 12
Cool, good luck with that. keep me updated if you don't mind

Quick Reply

Latest