The Student Room Group

Is this likely to be coronavirus?

Worked on a hospital ward last Friday and Sunday, since Tuesday I've come down with a dry cough, experienced bad fatigue on Tuesday and other symptoms such as leg ache and chest ache although it isn't constant. I thought nothing of it and went out to shop as normal thinking it was just flu, until I'd remembered I'd had my flu jab

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KessingtonCtrl
Worked on a hospital ward last Friday and Sunday, since Tuesday I've come down with a dry cough, experienced bad fatigue on Tuesday and other symptoms such as leg ache and chest ache although it isn't constant. I thought nothing of it and went out to shop as normal thinking it was just flu, until I'd remembered I'd had my flu jab

The chest ache sounds serious. How painful is it out of 10.
10 being the worst
1 being the least worse
Original post by BeautifulQueen
The chest ache sounds serious. How painful is it out of 10.
10 being the worst
1 being the least worse

It was about a 5 on Tuesday night but since then it's subsided. I'm not having much difficulty breathing or a fever which is why I'm not sure what it could be
It was about a 5 on Tuesday night but since then it's subsided. I'm not having much difficulty breathing or a fever which is why I'm not sure what it could be

Do you have a high temperature?
Do you have a high

If I'm exerting myself I find myself getting overheated and fatigued more easily but I don't think my temperature is different to normal

Dial 111, the symptoms normally wouldn’t show that quickly though.
self-isolate!!
Original post by Greywolftwo
Dial 111, the symptoms normally wouldn’t show that quickly

I had had a slight cough that started a few days before but as it wasn't continuous when I rang nhs 111 on thursday they said it didn't seem like coronavirus. I'm self isolating anyway
I had had a slight cough that started a few days before but as it wasn't continuous when I rang nhs 111 on thursday they said it didn't seem like coronavirus. I'm self isolating anyway

Aren’t we all?
Original post by 1st superstar
self-isolate!!

I can’t take you seriously with that profile pic. If I could choose any animated one it would be Homer Simpson eating a burger.
If I'm exerting myself I find myself getting overheated and fatigued more easily but I don't think my temperature is different to normal

Do you get out of breath quick?
I hope it doesn't get any worse
Original post by Greywolftwo
I can’t take you seriously with that profile pic. If I could choose any animated one it would be Homer Simpson eating a burger.

too bad I like SpongeBob :tongue:
Do you get out of breath quick?

Quicker than usual, yes
Quicker than usual, yes

I'm so sorry but it is corona virus. I'm being serious. You have to self-isolate. No joke. Just pray that you recover.
Reply 15

"went out to shop" lol you're trolling right? no way a hospital worker would be that dumb.
I'm so sorry but it is corona virus. I'm being serious. You have to self-isolate. No joke. Just pray that you recover.

No worries, I started after I'd remembered I'd had my flu jab and not been out since
You went out with these symptoms because you 'thought nothing of it' during a worldwide pandemic of a respiratory illness you have likely come into contact with and have the symptoms of? Seriously?
Original post by Anonymous
You went out with these symptoms because you 'thought nothing of it' during a worldwide pandemic of a respiratory illness you have likely come into contact with and have the symptoms of? Seriously?

There is nothing to say it couldn't be flu, the jab isnt 100% effective. I'm still doubtful it is because I don't have fever which is supposed to appear in 80 or 90% of cases
You should definitely quarantine yourself for 2 weeks minimum - you should know this already, it’s practically written everywhere. If it is the Coronavirus, from what you have written you’re symptoms sound mild at best and if you have no underlying conditions I would assume you would have a speedy recovery - though this isn’t always the case. If your symptoms get worse and you have difficulty breathing, phone into 111. All the best and rest easy.

Quick Reply

Latest