The Student Room Group

Lincoln A18L 2020 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Scroll to see replies

can someone explain why lincoln offers only prosection and nottingham offers full body dissection - i thought lincoln and derby would both be exactly the same just different locations ?
Original post by shum1614
can someone explain why lincoln offers only prosection and nottingham offers full body dissection - i thought lincoln and derby would both be exactly the same just different locations ?

@LMSAssocDean

Original post by shum1614

The teaching of Anatomy on UoN Medicine programmes has varied according to site since 2003. GEM students based in Derby do not undertake dissection although their peers on the A100 programme do. There is no evidence of difference in attainment of anatomical knowledge on these two programmes. Hence when the A10L and A18L programmes were planned, the decision was taken to offer prosection-based Anatomy teaching in Lincoln, akin to that on the GEM programme in Derby. We have an excellent academic and technical team in Anatomy at Lincoln and we are confident that our students will achieve similar outcomes in their anatomical knowledge as their peers based in Nottingham.
Original post by LMSAssocDean
The teaching of Anatomy on UoN Medicine programmes has varied according to site since 2003. GEM students based in Derby do not undertake dissection although their peers on the A100 programme do. There is no evidence of difference in attainment of anatomical knowledge on these two programmes. Hence when the A10L and A18L programmes were planned, the decision was taken to offer prosection-based Anatomy teaching in Lincoln, akin to that on the GEM programme in Derby. We have an excellent academic and technical team in Anatomy at Lincoln and we are confident that our students will achieve similar outcomes in their anatomical knowledge as their peers based in Nottingham.

Okay thank you !
so has lincoln given out all its interviews?
Original post by a.ahmadzs786
so has lincoln given out all its interviews?

They come in batches I think, so the first set must have gone out x
Original post by wiktxriaxo
They come in batches I think, so the first set must have gone out x

Ohhhh thank you
Original post by a.ahmadzs786
Ohhhh thank you

All interviews have now taken place.
Original post by LMSAssocDean
All interviews have now taken place.

Is that for both the five and six year courses ?
Yes. All interviews for A18L and A10L were completed in early January.
Does anyone know if offers are still being given out?
Everyone I know that applied to Lincoln has found out so I think they’ve all been handed out
Original post by RaRa1002
Does anyone know if offers are still being given out?
Original post by Socrates08
Everyone I know that applied to Lincoln has found out so I think they’ve all been handed out

Guess I didn't get in then.
Original post by RaRa1002
Guess I didn't get in then.

Don’t be too sure as long as you haven’t been rejected you’re still in the running don’t give up yet :smile:
i still haven't had any offer or rejection from them
Original post by hamzah2001
i still haven't had any offer or rejection from them

Still in the running for a place
Does anyone know if they will send out any more offers, Lincoln is the last one I am waiting for and It's making me extremely anxious, especially in these uncertain times.
Original post by ORowntree02
Does anyone know if they will send out any more offers, Lincoln is the last one I am waiting for and It's making me extremely anxious, especially in these uncertain times.

Still a possibility as they have till May, how have your other choices gone?
Original post by Socrates08
Still a possibility as they have till May, how have your other choices gone?

Original post by ORowntree02

@ORowntree02 please do not worry - our Admissions Team will be able to check the status of your application! Give us a call on 01522 886 097

Lewis :smile:
Reply 79
heya, I just got transferred to the Lincoln pathway medicine foundation year programme and I don’t know much about it.
Can you tell me about everything Lincoln please !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending