The Student Room Group

Law or medicine?

I’m selecting my A levels and I’m really unsure as to weather I should go in the direction of law/politics or medicine and I know they require completely different A level choices....
I don’t know weather I’d be able to secure good enough results to get into a good uni for medicine so I wondered is anyone had some advice?
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m selecting my A levels and I’m really unsure as to weather I should go in the direction of law/politics or medicine and I know they require completely different A level choices....
I don’t know weather I’d be able to secure good enough results to get into a good uni for medicine so I wondered is anyone had some advice?
Thanks!

Asian?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
Asian?

No, British
No, British

Oh, I wasn't expecting that. The binary, 'Law Or Medicine' thing is a bit TSR.

I agree with . If you're considering seriously something other than medicine, that tells me that you shouldn't be doing medicine.

There are more careers, of course...
Reply 4
Oh, I wasn't expecting that. The binary, 'Law Or Medicine' thing is a bit TSR.

I agree with @ecolier. If you're considering seriously something other than medicine, that tells me that you shouldn't be doing medicine.

There are more careers, of course...

I have recently just started thinking of medicine but I’m just unsure as I’ve sort of been set on’ law for so long I haven’t really considered anything else so I’m a bit unsure what A levels to chose :/
Original post by HollyA654
I have recently just started thinking of medicine but I’m just unsure as I’ve sort of been set on’ law for so long I haven’t really considered anything else so I’m a bit unsure what A levels to chose :/

Medicine is the one with specific requirements: you can do law with pretty much anything. So chemistry plus biology and an essay-based subject like English or history would keep your options open and allow you to apply for either subject. Note that you could do three sciences and still make a competitive application for law: chemistry, biology and maths or physics is a common combination for medicine.

Either way, you've picked two of the most competitive courses, so you should be aiming for A*A*A/A*AA.
Reply 6
Medicine is the one with specific requirements: you can do law with pretty much anything. So chemistry plus biology and an essay-based subject like English or history would keep your options open and allow you to apply for either subject. Note that you could do three sciences and still make a competitive application for law: chemistry, biology and maths or physics is a common combination for medicine.

Either way, you've picked two of the most competitive courses, so you should be aiming for A*A*A/A*AA.

Do you think that maths is essential for medicine? Or would biology, chemistry and politics be suitable to keep my options open for both law and medicine?
Do you think that maths is essential for medicine? Or would biology, chemistry and politics be suitable to keep my options open for both law and medicine?

Please do as suggests - that thread is there to help applicants like you. Also, I've already answered that question in my earlier reply to you. Did you not read it properly? If I'm suggesting that history or English would be OK as a third A level, then obviously politics would be too...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Oh sorry I don’t need that
Reply 9
Oh sorry I don’t need that

*didnt see
Someone's a bit passive aggressive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending